Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four of the Top 25

Four of the Top 25

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ege-basketball

I don't see Brunson anywhere near the Top 20, let alone at #6.

I like Martin, but I think he is also a bit over-rated here.

Blueitt could easily end up among the Top 15-20 players in the country.

Delgado is under-rated. If there is a better rebounder in the country, I want to see him. Plus, he can score.

If the list were expanded to Top 50, I could see another three or four BE players included.

Strongly disagree on Brunson, as he is the perfect modern day point guard (scores efficiently at all levels and distributes it well). Think he is the best returning point guard in college basketball, and the ultimate college player. This year, he will get more rest with Phil Booth back, and he is definitely my preseason Big East player of the year.
    #BringShakaHome

I'm not a huge fan of Brunson. As far as I'm concerned, he dominates the ball for eight, 10, 12, 15 seconds at a time. Too many times ball movement pretty much comes to a halt. He may get his assists, and he may score his points, but I prefer point guards who keep the ball moving and look to get teammates involved. I just don't see him as that type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Strongly disagree on Brunson, as he is the perfect modern day point guard (scores efficiently at all levels and distributes it well). Think he is the best returning point guard in college basketball, and the ultimate college player. This year, he will get more rest with Phil Booth back, and he is definitely my preseason Big East player of the year.
    I'm also a big fan of Brunson. Big, strong, smooth, solid on both ends. Legitimate All-American candidate. Best returning guard in the conference without a doubt.

As far as him dominating the ball...Villanova had the #1 offense in the conference and the #3 offense in the country behind only Oklahoma State and UCLA. They did that with Brunson playing over 31 mpg. The kid is flat out fantastic. I understand that Hart and the others had something to do with that as well, but Brunson was the catalyst for it.

Hart and others (like Jenkins?) "had something to do with that" is an under-statement. Hart was BE POY if memory serves.

As far as "best returning guard in the conference hands down" I would take Cartwright over Brunson. If I imagine Cartwright playing point on last year's Nova team, I think the Wildcats might have been even better than they were. Of course, we'll never know.

If I had a choice between Cartwright and Brunson playing point on this year's MU team with Markus or Rowsey playing the 2, I'd go with Cartwright. Just my opinion.

By the way, if Carrington plays point for Seton Hall as projected, he, too, might give Brunson a run for his money as the top returning point guard )though he played off guard last year). The question on him will be whether or not he can make his teammates better if he's running the show.

I have been a fan of Brunson for awhile. What he doesn't have in quickness and speed he more than makes up for in Bball IQ, taking proper angles and putting the ball right where his teammates need it. Also a great leader.

I have been a fan of Brunson for awhile. What he doesn't have in quickness and speed he more than makes up for in Bball IQ, taking proper angles and putting the ball right where his teammates need it. Also a great leader. It will be interesting to see how he does as The Man this year and with younger guys around him. Will be another great year for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Hart and others (like Jenkins?) "had something to do with that" is an under-statement. Hart was BE POY if memory serves.

As far as "best returning guard in the conference hands down" I would take Cartwright over Brunson. If I imagine Cartwright playing point on last year's Nova team, I think the Wildcats might have been even better than they were. Of course, we'll never know.

If I had a choice between Cartwright and Brunson playing point on this year's MU team with Markus or Rowsey playing the 2, I'd go with Cartwright. Just my opinion.

By the way, if Carrington plays point for Seton Hall as projected, he, too, might give Brunson a run for his money as the top returning point guard )though he played off guard last year). The question on him will be whether or not he can make his teammates better if he's running the show.
    Cartwright dominates the ball more while Brunson is more of a distributor, or at least has been the past couple of seasons. I would think Brunson may look to score a bit more this season with his big guns leaving.

For the record, Brunson averaged roughly 1 shot per 3.3 minutes; Cartwright averaged 1 shot per 3.5 minutes.

(Markus averaged 1 shot per 2.5 minutes, and Rowsey averaged 1 shot per 2.9 minutes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    For the record, Brunson averaged roughly 1 shot per 3.3 minutes; Cartwright averaged 1 shot per 3.5 minutes.

Brunson is a much better shooter than Cartwright. (EFG .604 v. .470). He should shoot more.

I think Cartwright was terribly overrated last year anyway. Did not think he was worthy of second team BE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast