Thread: O.J. Mayo Update - Kind of Depressing

O.J. Mayo Update - Kind of Depressing

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/08/21/oj...ravelle-gaines

No mention of his bro Todd. Below is a shout out to the Bucks:

“I want to go back to what I left [in Milwaukee],” Mayo said, when asked for his dream destination. “I was real close with Jason Kidd. That was the best relationship I had with a coach besides [Dwaine Barnes]. I had great relationships with Giannis [Antetokounmpo] and Khris Middleton. I was comfortable there. I felt like I let them down, cheated them for two years. They paid me $8 million to be, in my eyes, a subpar player. They invested millions of dollars for me to be on top of my s---, and when you’re not on top of your s---, it shows. I’ll be 30 next summer. If they just give me the chance, I can make it up. I owe them.”

Had the most scrutinzed prep career after Lebron. I think he was already playing high school ball as a 7th grader. Sounds like he thought the world owed him during his NBA career. Seems he's grown up with the year off. Age is on his side, should be able to be solid for another 2-3 seasons. Get his legs back this season overseas and probably get back on a minimum deal to prove it.

It seemed you either had the good Mayo, or the bad Mayo. In his second year he seemed to be in better shape and seemed more engaged.
    I hope he gets it together, and then comes here on a minimum type deal after his second year of sitting out. It would be interesting to see him play if he is focused and wants to prove himself.

I would pass. I would prefer to see Rashad Vaughn get the back-up minutes at SG. He is entering his 3rd year in the NBA and is only 21. Rookie deals for first rounders are basically 4 years. Now or never for Vaughn (with the Bucks). When Parker comes back in early February, he will likely lose playing time anyway. Give him the first couple months (off the bench) to show what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I would pass. I would prefer to see Rashad Vaughn get the back-up minutes at SG. He is entering his 3rd year in the NBA and is only 21. Rookie deals for first rounders are basically 4 years. Now or never for Vaughn (with the Bucks). When Parker comes back in early February, he will likely lose playing time anyway. Give him the first couple months (off the bench) to show what he can do.
    He can't come back until next season, not this season. Should know if Vaughn is NBA by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    He can't come back until next season, not this season. Should know if Vaughn is NBA by then.
    That's right, thanks. I was thinking it was a 1 year suspension.