Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Buycks news?

Any Buycks news?

It's been great to see Vander and Jamil get some strong glimmers of hope in making an NBA roster this upcoming year. About a month ago, we heard that the Knicks were interested in signing Buycks and he cut off his negotiations with Olympiakos as a result. Haven't heard much sense. Has anyone seen anything on the Buycks front? Would love to see him get a roster spot this year and I feel like he is deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by MU Viking View Post
    It's been great to see Vander and Jamil get some strong glimmers of hope in making an NBA roster this upcoming year. About a month ago, we heard that the Knicks were interested in signing Buycks and he cut off his negotiations with Olympiakos as a result. Haven't heard much sense. Has anyone seen anything on the Buycks front? Would love to see him get a roster spot this year and I feel like he is deserving.
    Nothing official. Yes, the Knicks were reportedly interested after his great performance in the Orlando Summer League.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1923/dwight-buycks

Heard from Buycks yesterday. He and his wife are in Jamaica celebrating their 2nd anniversary. There continues to be a lot of talk, but nothing done yet. Trying to be patient.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

So, former MU players with an NBA contract of some sort: Wade, Matthews, Butler, Crowder, Blue, Wilson, and Buycks. I wonder if DB's contract is like JW's - a two-way contract - or more similar to VB's.

Have to admit, I thought both Jerel and DJ-O had a chance - however unlikely - to earn a contract this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    So, former MU players with an NBA contract of some sort: Wade, Matthews, Butler, Crowder, Blue, Wilson, and Buycks. I wonder if DB's contract is like JW's - a two-way contract - or more similar to VB's.

Have to admit, I thought both Jerel and DJ-O had a chance - however unlikely - to earn a contract this year.
    You forgot Ellenson and the Tweet said it was a two way contract.

Yeah, forgot about HE. Didn't see the "two-way" part. Well, that's a whole lot better than no NBA contract at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Yeah, forgot about HE. Didn't see the "two-way" part. Well, that's a whole lot better than no NBA contract at all.

Well it may end up being "no NBA contract." There is no guaranty to spend any time on an NBA roster on a two way contract.

Why is Buycks eligible for a 2 way and not Vander? Is it because Vander played more seasons in the G League? I thought it was based on years out of school.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Warrior View Post
    Why is Buycks eligible for a 2 way and not Vander? Is it because Vander played more seasons in the G League? I thought it was based on years out of school.
    It may be more about past NBA experience. Confusing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast