Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O.T. Foxconn

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Scammed by the Governor and his cohorts?

Seriously......

You can either like the deal or not like it...but its not a scam.

ps lots of assumptions and guesses there goose........
    Plus, jobs are starting at $35,000 per year, which is pretty dam good!
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    It could be up to $3 billion. That does not happen until Foxconn fills it's quota.
    And people threw a fit that the state was putting up money for an arena.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

All I know is I wish they would quit lying and saying the state is giving them 3 Billion. Yes, there are some credits, that will have to be paid when they actually hire the workers. However, at least half of the deal is a tax holiday. I.E. If Foxconn wasn't here, that revenue wouldn't be generated in the first place. The state is not writing them 3 billion in checks. Few articles mention any of the other economic development that this will generate. Suppliers for instance - There was news yesterday that Corning Glass may locate a plant here as well at around 1 Billion. Also, just think of the construction, not only for the plant, but for new subdivisions, restaurants, hotels, retail.

While I highly doubt the plant will end up being as big as the governor has touted, this seems like a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    And people threw a fit that the state was putting up money for an arena.
    As they did with the Brewers stadium was built. Wasn't Lambeau also a tough sell for Harlan? Wisconsinites are very frugal.

Annoys me that the state can offer up billions to Foxconn without even a discussion, but have to go through the wringer to invest in a stadium.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Plus, jobs are starting at $35,000 per year, which is pretty dam good!
    I didn't see anything about a starting wage. I saw the average was going to be 53k plus benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I didn't see anything about a starting wage. I saw the average was going to be 53k plus benefits.
    Some are thinking the 53K includes benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Some are thinking the 53K includes benefits.
    At least the initial stories said plus benefits. $53,875 plus benefits. http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/p...eet/514634001/
    Last edited by mufansince72; 07-31-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Foxconn

Just a side note this company has a long list of saying they will build a big facility in other countries and then there is no follow thru. I hope the deal goes thru because it should help with other suppliers, but not certain it will ever happen.

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/2...nt-hold-breath

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOMalley82 View Post
    Just a side note this company has a long list of saying they will build a big facility in other countries and then there is no follow thru. I hope the deal goes thru because it should help with other suppliers, but not certain it will ever happen.

https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/2...nt-hold-breath
    The article lost credibility in the first sentence when it said that Foxconn was a Chinese company. Even if the rest of it is partially true.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast