Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 21st Century All-MU Teams

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Wait.... who's obsessed????
    This may be tongue in cheek, but this was all Nukem. When he quoted my post that had NO MENTION of Junior, he was doing so to provoke a response. He did it deliberately, pure trolling. Make no mistake, this was intentional by Nukem and his intent from the start. And predictably, the same people came to Junior's defense, as always with no tangible evidence.

I defended my exclusion of him and laid down the twofold gauntlet of him not being top-6 at MU this century and not being top-10 in the league as a senior. No one got close to touching that gauntlet, yet continued to argue an indefensible position despite my repeated attempts to say we were beating a dead horse and repeated attempts suggesting we move on to more interesting topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    This may be tongue in cheek, but this was all Nukem. When he quoted my post that had NO MENTION of Junior, he was doing so to provoke a response. He did it deliberately, pure trolling. Make no mistake, this was intentional by Nukem and his intent from the start. And predictably, the same people came to Junior's defense, as always with no tangible evidence.

I defended my exclusion of him and laid down the twofold gauntlet of him not being top-6 at MU this century and not being top-10 in the league as a senior. No one got close to touching that gauntlet, yet continued to argue an indefensible position despite my repeated attempts to say we were beating a dead horse and repeated attempts suggesting we move on to more interesting topics.
    It was tongue in cheek but the greater point to me is it's just not that big a deal to ride somebody so hard for their opinion. It's their opinion. Too much "I need to prove you wrong" BS at times on this board and we are all guilty of it.

It was tongue in cheek but the greater point to me is it's just not that big a deal to ride somebody so hard for their opinion. It's their opinion. Too much "I need to prove you wrong" BS at times on this board and we are all guilty of it.

If Nukem feels he is being rided so hard, he can stop responding. I mean, he literally said "good bye" or the equivalent three times last evening...yet kept responding.

It's a message board. That's what it's for.

Agree completely. This thread was best locked. It has deteriorated. Everyone has an opinion on who is the better player. A coach may prefer a JC to a DJ, while another may prefer DJ to JC. Supporting why you like that player is fine, but the venomous retorts about that opinion are infantile debate tactics.

A worthy thread has dissolved.

Who was venomous? I mean at worse Nukem called me "ignorant," which to his credit he edited. But I didn't take offense.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Agree completely. This thread was best locked. It has deteriorated. Everyone has an opinion on who is the better player. A coach may prefer a JC to a DJ, while another may prefer DJ to JC. Supporting why you like that player is fine, but the venomous retorts about that opinion are infantile debate tactics.

A worthy thread has dissolved.
    If a worthy thread has dissolved, it's because people are refusing to continue the discussion. The lock was an accident, Jim said as much. It wasn't venomous unless someone here has gossamer skin.

Talk about Travis and James HERE. Talk about any of the other viable arguments here.

Here's mine. So there are plenty of fairly one-dimensional offensive players getting mentions. Diener, Gardner, Acker, and others with lackluster defense get some acclaim despite it maybe sometimes feeling like we were playing 4-on-5 on defense when they were on the court. So what about the defensive standouts that were offensive voids? Should players like Dwight Burke, Marcus Jackson, Chris Otule, and Vander Blue get more recognition because of what they did on the defensive end?

Obviously Van had the one big offensive year, but he was a stellar defender and played starter minutes all three years here. Otule is interesting because he was fairly efficient on offense despite a relatively low usage. He was also a consistent rim protector. The downside for him is that with Gardner, his minutes were limited. I wonder if we hadn't had Davante if Chris might have been a 10 ppg/8 rpg/3 bpg type of guy and if that would earn him some consideration.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345