Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irony, defined

Irony, defined

“We want stability, but you don’t want to worry about that to the point that it compromises the quality of the person you hire,” Braun said. “Great people are going to get attracted away, and we need great people here.”

Clearly, Mark Mone has a 180 degree different view.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Since it's so quiet on both boards and with the season now less than three months away, I thought this might be an opportune time to ask a question that Fran posed on the other board:

Just what are your expectations for the coming season?

Last year, Milwaukee won just eight games in the regular season, a dropoff of 11 wins from the previous year.

In light of that, I wanted to share with you this statement from an optimistic poster on the Eunuch board in the moments after Rob was fired: "If the new coach doesn't win big -- and I mean right, right away -- Braun should join him on the unemployment line."

Instead, with no promise of anything more than a middling season and with just two team sports titles to her credit in the last three years, our AD just signed a lucrative two-year contract extension.

I would be interested to get your thoughts about this development and the state of the program in general.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 07-21-2017 at 12:37 PM.

It's incredibly difficult to get excited about Panther Hoops right now, and will remain so as long as she's in that chair. I can live with Mone. I know others can't, but I can live with him just like I lived with Santiago.

My God, it's just a bonanza of enthusiasm for the program right now! I mean, hold back the onslaught! Let's hope that we've reached rock bottom. Somehow, though, I suspect that we haven't.

A friend of mine has been a season ticket holder for years....he told me last night that he is out this season. The $10 increase in prices, along with the craptastic state of the program, were his deciding factors. This guy is a hoops junkie. Goes to Tosa games (East and West), UW and MU....I believe he is a season ticket holder for MU also.

And he's gone. That is where we are today.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHawkReturns View Post
    A friend of mine has been a season ticket holder for years....he told me last night that he is out this season. The $10 increase in prices,

Well, you might want to tell him that there should be 16 home dates (ALL) at the Arena. 60% increase from last season.
    March Madness starts in November

Were prices raised $10 per game?

Not per game. Per season ticket seat.
    March Madness starts in November

By mid-season they might need to give free hot dog vouchers to passing State Street vagabonds to get anyone in the door.

Do the math on last season's total athletic department ticket revenue and it's absolutely frightening, particularly when compared to Green Bay. It would be impossible to believe that season ticket sales --already in the crapper last year -- won't take another downward turn with yet another all too predictable off-season of turmoil.

By the way, I could only laugh when I saw the season ticket package they sent to me. They can't even identify the non-con teams on the schedule yet! Does anyone believe it won't be another utterly frightening home slate? Will there be a single home game against a team in the rpi/kenpom top 100?
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    By mid-season they might need to give free hot dog vouchers to passing State Street vagabonds to get anyone in the door.

Do the math on last season's total athletic department ticket revenue and it's absolutely frightening, particularly when compared to Green Bay. It would be impossible to believe that season ticket sales --already in the crapper last year -- won't take another downward turn with yet another all too predictable off-season of turmoil.

By the way, I could only laugh when I saw the season ticket package they sent to me. They can't even identify the non-con teams on the schedule yet! Does anyone believe it won't be another utterly frightening home slate? Will there be a single home game against a team in the rpi/kenpom top 100?
    Well, the full non-league schedule is out (http://mkepanthers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball) it's replete with quality teams

Has the program hit rock bottom? Perhaps. But it won't surprise me if the AD is spotted with blasting caps and dynamite...
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast