Thread: Kyrie Irving?

Kyrie Irving?

Kyrie Irving, along with others, think Paul George and LeBron James are going to the Lakers next summer as URFA's. The league reacts to LeBron. I would offer Parker, Henson and a 1st round draft pick (I have not looked at cap ramifications). Shooting from the PG position is vital, considering Giannis handles the ball so much.

http://cavaliers.247sports.com/Bolt/...rade-105330277

Old rumor shortly after the 2017 trade deadline:

http://www.12up.com/posts/4613286-ri...illard-emerges
    Last edited by mufan2003; 07-23-2017 at 09:42 AM.

That would most likely be a two year rental. Also, I don't think Cleveland would make that trade. They appear to be in win now mode. I don't think they are interested in draft picks as long as they have Lebron, which may be one year. You would probably have to do something like Brogdon and Middleton. Probably not worth it.

I wonder how Cleveland would react to LeBron leaving again? Probably less hostile having won a championship. Just can't see the Cavs trading Irving within the division.

I think Irving will be traded to a team that would be willing to include a player that could help Cleveland/Lebron win in 2017. I bet you he ends up in Phoenix for Bledsoe and other pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I wonder how Cleveland would react to LeBron leaving again? Probably less hostile having won a championship. Just can't see the Cavs trading Irving within the division.
    Half as pissed this go around. With the other half being pissed at Gilbert.

Less, as it seems the front office has been a mess so I think that is where the blame will be placed.

The key is to see how they handle the Irving situation. If they move him and get something in return that allows them to get to the finals and have a shot, then who knows.

Lebron invited Eric Bledsoe to work out with him this week in Vegas, lending more validity to my thoughts that Eric Bledsoe will be the person involved in a trade for Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Lebron invited Eric Bledsoe to work out with him this week in Vegas, lending more validity to my thoughts that Eric Bledsoe will be the person involved in a trade for Kyrie.
    Problem is, Cleveland wants Josh Jackson as well. Phoenix does not want to include Jackson. Cleveland has no leverage. Every team in the league knows Irving wants out and that there is friction between LeBron and Kyrie. Any team acquiring Kyrie also knows it could lose him when he becomes a free agent in 2019.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/07/25/suns...g-trade-talks/