Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT,,,Bucks may have interest in Derrick Rose

Why??? They need outside shooters. Rose can't shoot.

He can't shoot....and likes to shoot....doesn't defend...and goes AWOL when things don't go his way

This would be the most Bucks thing ever... honestly right now they are best off standing pat until they can clear the $18 million they owe Monroe this season. They should be focusing on ditching the Henson, Teletovic, Hawes, and Dellavadova contracts right now. Those 5 players are due $54 million next year combined, then you can go after a legitimate PG like George Hill or Teague to pair with Giannis, Thon, and Middleton. Then you get as many 3 and D players around them and you have a contender. Rose does not fit what we need at all, not even from a chemistry standpoint, would be an atrocious signing.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

I'm baffled by this. The Bucks have generally been making pretty good moves, and this doesn't look like one. If they could sign 5 years ago Derrick Rose, pre-injury, that'd be one thing, but he's not that guy anymore. For a team that's really one piece away, this looks like the wrong piece at the wrong time, and almost certainly at the wrong price.

MKE,

Not sure what you mean by "the most Bucks thing ever," but in my mind it would not even be close to "most." For me, the "most Bukcs thing ever" would be the Dirk Nowitzki - Tractor Traylor fiasco. Another that comes to mind was trading Ray Allen go. And then there was that draft when the Bucks took Gary Trent and then traded him - and a firsdt-round draft choice - for Shaun Respert. That was a real winner of a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    MKE,

Not sure what you mean by "the most Bucks thing ever," but in my mind it would not even be close to "most." For me, the "most Bukcs thing ever" would be the Dirk Nowitzki - Tractor Traylor fiasco. Another that comes to mind was trading Ray Allen go. And then there was that draft when the Bucks took Gary Trent and then traded him - and a firsdt-round draft choice - for Shaun Respert. That was a real winner of a trade.
    That's exactly what I meant, we have a history of making moves that scratch your head. the Bucks talked all off season about needing to add shooting, even the new GM said they would continue to look to add more shooting, then they go after Rose? Makes no sense.

So I'm reading now that this might be part of a sign and trade. The only way that makes sense to me is if the Knicks take on the Dellavedova contract and the Rose contract is for no more than two years.

I wouldn't do Delly for Rose... I'm afraid it might be Rose for Monroe which would just be atrocious on the Bucks part... now if they would take Henson and Delly's contracts for Rose? I'd do that as a salary dump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast