Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucks fire Front Office Personnel

Bucks fire Front Office Personnel

http://woelfelspressbox.com/2017/06/...e-their-purge/

Not a good look for the Bucks after a horribly executed GM search.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Really not a fan of the way this ownership group handles business. The way they handled the removal of Larry Drew was awful. Bunch of dick moves.

Asked the staff to take pay reductions, now that is ridiculous.
    I too am not of fan of the ownership group, and just hope it doesn't affect the on court performance.

They need a president of basketball operations that handles the basketball side of things and they need to stay away. Get involved in the other business aspects, but let basketball people run the basketball side of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    They need a president of basketball operations that handles the basketball side of things and they need to stay away. Get involved in the other business aspects, but let basketball people run the basketball side of the business.
    Egos are too big for that to ever happen.

They have no idea how to run a franchise. They operate well on the business side, but some of the stuff I've heard about basketball ops is cringeworthy.

Geez, McKinney and Gilmartin are mainstays from the Kohl era....looks like ownership is cleaning house of all old regime related things, went with Thorn as the consultant for hoop ops, probably a Kidd recommendation. The firings of the PR department looks like a cost savings thing, they were probably due for raises. Reminds of how the Warriors were run under Chris Cohan, penny pinching the admin staff. In terms of building a staff, guessing they will bring in people in house guys recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
    Geez, McKinney and Gilmartin are mainstays from the Kohl era....looks like ownership is cleaning house of all old regime related things, went with Thorn as the consultant for hoop ops, probably a Kidd recommendation. The firings of the PR department looks like a cost savings thing, they were probably due for raises. Reminds of how the Warriors were run under Chris Cohan, penny pinching the admin staff. In terms of building a staff, guessing they will bring in people in house guys recommend.
    Dave Babcock must be wondering when/if he'll be next. With league revenue lower than expected, the Bucks already over the salary cap and the owners on the hook for any construction cost overruns....owners must feel they need to find ways to cut costs (at least in the short-term). Sucks that staff is being asked to take pay reductions, that should not happen.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-to-99-million

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Asked the staff to take pay reductions, now that is ridiculous.
    I too am not of fan of the ownership group, and just hope it doesn't affect the on court performance.

Glad to see you are seeing in what you disagreed with me in October.
    March Madness starts in November

Just overall sends a poor message, I hate to see it as I was excited that the new ownership would breath life back into this dying franchise. Scary to think where this team would be without Giannis, so much potential and I just hope they don't get in the way of it by doing silly things like this.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Its odd no one else has reported this.
    "In the words of Bill Simmons, "Because that's how we roll be-yotch!"" -IWB

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2010 View Post
    Its odd no one else has reported this.
    Woeful is really the only one on the Bucks' beat right now. The JS pushed Charles into retirement, and those two were the only ones that really hit it hard.

In my dealings with the Bucks McKinney & Gilmartin are and always were nothing but professional while also maintaining a personal relationship with everyone they dealt with.

While I dealt with Rosenberg some, I didn't know him all that well but he was a good guy. Surprising, but they just brought in a new head of communications so they are likely just reducing staff in the PR department. Just don't get rid of Dan Smyczk, he is the one that runs the show on that side. Could have been in the position that the new Communications director is in.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast