Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centennial Hoopla Videos

Thanks for the links!

Very Much Appreciated!

I really hope this ends up on channel 32 ( Spectrum Sports ) for others who don't have internet to see.

Maybe this topic can be pinned, as many have not seen this.
    March Madness starts in November

Thanks!

I have not yet watched the interviews with Crean, Jerel, and Wes, but I loved all the panel discussions. Some of Joe Thomas' and Ron Curry's comments really stood out for me. Also, was surprised - but pleasantly so - to hear that Hutch is only one credit away from graduating. Hope he gets it done.

Crean was also impressive. Listening to him, I actually found myself viewing him differently. I always thought of him as a very skilled, very persuasive snake-oil salesman, but he came across as genuine, sincere. Kind of made me change my mind about him. I always appreciated what he did for the program, but I never liked him overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Crean was also impressive. Listening to him, I actually found myself viewing him differently. I always thought of him as a very skilled, very persuasive snake-oil salesman, but he came across as genuine, sincere. Kind of made me change my mind about him. I always appreciated what he did for the program, but I never liked him overall.
    I never really disliked him, and I'm glad he came back for this. Between this, and the interview he did with Dakich right after his dismissal, it seems like the Indiana experience has given him a different perspective. It's also likely the first time he's been fired, which can be humbling.

Either way, his comments were welcome and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Also, was surprised - but pleasantly so - to hear that Hutch is only one credit away from graduating. Hope he gets it done.
    I don't think anyone really knows why, but for years he wanted nothing to do with coming back. Never really even bothered to respond to MU, but I believe it was actually Bo Ellis that finally talked him into returning a year or two ago and now he loves coming back.

People can not underestimate the influence that Bo has on former players from many decades. I have heard it from players themselves, guys from the 70s, 80s & 90s. One who is even in the MU Hall of Fame said he wasn't going to come back, but Bo's involvement kept him coming back. With Al McGuire gone, Bo Ellis is the Godfather to Marquette Basketball.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12