Thread: OT - Has an MU grad ever played in the U.S. Open?

OT - Has an MU grad ever played in the U.S. Open?

As far as this year's Open, as of yesterday, Saturday was the only day where it was sold out. Looks like a beautiful course, but I guess they are catching grief for trimming back the rough a bit.

They cut back the rough just before the 2003 US Open at Olympia Fields and then the winds died down and the field killed the course on Thursday and Friday. A lot of griping about the easy course. The course got even Saturday and Sunday with only Jim Furyk below par in the end. It will be interesting to see how Erin Hills plays.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Gato, if you are going to the Open, don't drink the water! E.coli bacteria found in the drinking water there...

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Gato, if you are going to the Open, don't drink the water! E.coli bacteria found in the drinking water there...

They are giving out free bottled water for the rest of the weekend.

I don't know who else caught this towards the end of the US Open yesterday. Both uncomfortable and funny...

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-buck-ca...012740786.html

This year's US Open winner is a fellow alum and fellow golf team alum from my high school. Cardinal Newman High in West Palm Beach, Fl.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I don't know who else caught this towards the end of the US Open yesterday. Both uncomfortable and funny...

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-buck-ca...012740786.html
    I like it any time that Joe Buck gets egg on his face. I don't mind him as an announcer, but years ago I met with someone who told me a story about Buck. They were running a charity deal where they were honoring a big name that was retiring. They called Buck about being the MC and he said he was definitely on board, but then told them what his price tag was. They responded saying, "come on Joe, this is for charity - we're not making money here." Buck said "ok, I'll tell you what, just pay for the fuel for my private jet and I'll do it for free."

So he did. It was a great event, many big time celebs attended.

Then they got the bill for his private jet's fuel, more than he was asking for his speaking fee. What a dick.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I do mind him as an announcer - the cadence of his voice for some strange reason reminds me of a lounge singer and the cadence is communicating "Hi everyone, I'm Joe Buck and I'm a professional announcer".

I like him as an announcer, and loved him on Brockmire.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I like him as an announcer, and loved him on Brockmire.
    I like Buck as well. I think he does a good job on all the contests which he broadcasts. Good delivery, good knowledge, good information.