Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold Out

Not only the dance team wearing black, but the MU choir singing the National Anthem wore powder blue. That one shocked me.

I agree that the gold fiasco and Crean's pleading to wear gold make people stay away from it. I wear gold to every game, because I think it stands out and looks imposing. Most MU fans wear gold at UW. But today, from endzone to endzone, there was plenty of grey, black, blue ... Most of the people in front of me work other colors - right behind the MU bench.

Well, there is one more thing, but yes, it was a great day at the BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Well, there is one more thing, but yes, it was a great day at the BC.
    Let's hear it.............IWB rant coming in 4,3,2,1...........

Well, tough to say because I know the people, but here goes - and sorry, I know there are people that may take offense to this, but when did the BC become a freaking open daycare center? A few weeks ago there was someone a couple of rows in front of me with her toddler, who I would guess is under 2. Well, she felt it was ok for the girl to use the entire aisle as her place to play. The guy across from me was eating popcorn, and the kid saw this and kept going up two rows to put her hand out for more popcorn. All fine and dandy, but the girl was too little to walk back down the steps by herself, often using the people on the end of the rows to hold on to as she went up and down(I was one of those people). Once was fine, but I am watching the game and it became a huge distraction, mainly because she would often fall down, cry etc, but this never was enough for the mom to stop her. The little kid would cry, mom would pick her up and look at the entire section like "Awwww...." - Hey mom - its not cute anymore! A little kid alone on cement and mettle steps is not exactly safe. Well, guy in front of me was a Louisville fan, and she kept falling on him - I know it was pissing the guy off, but what do you do? The mom was turned around watching the kid the entire time, so it's like, if you aren't even watching the game, why are you here?

So fast forward to yesterday - a few rows down further, about 3rd row from the floor. Now this is along the baseline, so anytime someone stands up, it blocks out a few rows in a few sections, so if you stand up, you are blocking the view of about 100 people. Well, same as the other woman, this one has her little 18 month old playing in the aisle - toys and everything. Well, in the midst of MU's run, the mom stands up, walks up about three rows and starts taking pictures of her kid. There were a lot of people in a few rows of TWO SECTIONS, throwing their arms up in the air like what in the hell?, and finally an usher noticed and literally ran up to stop her.

I have no problems with people bringing kids to the games, and it is always awesome when you see a little kid actually cheering etc., but for the love of God, the aisles are not freaking playgrounds!
    Last edited by IWB; 02-12-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Next time, put the Fightin' 218 on it. The parents will be embarrased to no end--if they understand the humor of the Fightin' 218.

One follow up, the one from the Louisville game was wearing gold yesterday, the one snapping photos was not.

Point of parliamentary procedure: the phrase "for the love of God" should be reserved for imploring a box out at a key free throw attempt by the other team in the 2nd half of a close game. To wit: "Box out! Box out! For the love of God BOX OUT!"

We now return to IWB's regularly scheduled rant.

First off, I do enjoy the Fightin' 218's rendition of "Box out! Box out! For the love of God, Box out!" I do believe that is what caused the neck injury to the woman in your section. I did hear a good one from that section yesterday.... Late in the game DJO falls for a pump fake. He goes up and comes down on top of the Cincy player, landing on him, causing both to fall to the ground. The ref blows the whistle, and out of the Fightin' 218 - "He got all ball!" Two sections of people were laughing, including me, but I have to think that if MU wasn't up by more than a few, it wouldn't have been so funny.

I would insist the Marketing Dept. start putting more thought into the parachute drops. People want t-shirts, not mouse pads and not Cricket gift bags featuring a bunch of crap other than free cell phones. Oh, and the t-shirts should be gold, not white. The price is the same, and don't tell me it's not. And the Party Row that gets the free swag? It's now ugly sleeveless workout shirts that only a muscular 20 year-old college male can wear.

And that's a viewpoint.

My kid got the the parachute drop on 'gold out' day. It was a black Jimmy Johns tshirt with an MU logo on the sleeve. Nice of Jimmy Johns to do, but how about gold on 'gold out' day.

I don't take offense to IWB's rant. What I would like to know is did the woman actaully have a seat for the kid or was it a let's get the kid in for free and when she gets too squirmy on my lap I'll just let her play in the isle.

I am a big fan of how family and kid friendly MU games are, I've been bringing my kids since they were little. But I have to agree - put them in a seat or go out to the concourse and buy some dippin dots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast