Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Going gray: Sports TV viewers skew older...

So sitting around and watching TV on sports all day is now a sign of a more developed attention span?

It's all just consuming entertainment in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    So sitting around and watching TV on sports all day is now a sign of a more developed attention span?

It's all just consuming entertainment in a different way.
    A lot of it is not entertainment as they are texting each other about nothingness all day.

God this place feels like an old folks home at times.

At least I can converse with others while watching a sporting event on TV.

God this place feels like an old folks home at times.
    It's always interesting to watch couples texting/messaging/surfing/game-playing/whatever at a restaurant and never speak.

I like watching sports with Twitter in the background. Especially if I'm not super invested in the game.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    It's always interesting to watch couples texting/messaging/surfing/game-playing/whatever at a restaurant and never speak.
    I'm with you Nukem, I think it is hilarious that some want to post that they are at a restaurant or a picture of their meal on social media, but then not really socialize with those that are at the same table. In that case why go out with that person or group?

It is an interesting dynamic that you see now, as people are fixated on their phones and such interaction.

When I watch a game on TV with my kids, my cell phone may be within reach, but not in my hand. My kids will almost always have it in hand and in view while 'watching' the game. Crazy when you see it live at a game. People pay good money for a ticket, and then look at their phone for much of the game.

Its different. Neither right nor wrong. Why make it a value judgement?

Its different. Neither right nor wrong. Why make it a value judgement?
    Who made a value judgment? We both used the word interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Who made a value judgment? We both used the word interesting.
    "A lot of it is not entertainment as they are texting each other about nothingness all day."

Don't be so disingenuous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast