Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bucks to play at UWM Panther Arena

The starting ticket price by the Bucks is $125.
    March Madness starts in November

Tickets have been lowered to $45 on the Bucks site
    https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/923249431549444102

Anybody on the board go to this game - curious as to what the vibe was. I assume it was LOUD.

I was at the game. Really cool event, though I was hoping for more throwback features other than just having Johnny Mac say a few words pregame.
    You forget that every seat in that place is a darn good seat relative to the floor.
    Great game environment, more like a college game in that the fans were cheering the whole game. Louder than the normal BC, but that is just the facility.
    I like that the stands are a bit darker too.

Funny how that floor, with the design, was so cutting edge back then. Now so many have some sort of design.
    As a throwback to the 80's, probably appropriate that we played and lost to the Celtics. Either the Celtics or 76ers did us in come playoff time every year.

I was at the game. Nothing new for myself being in the building. As many know I have MU and UWM full season tickets. The wife and I have a Admirals mini plan. Plus, we do go to a roller derby event. So, on any given year, we are at UWM Panther Arena 13 to 20 times per year.

I thought 11,000 people was too many people in the old MECCA for that Bucks game. The teams in it now really serve the purpose for the building.

Let me tell you the upgrades in the past few years are out of this world. Game changer for an fan!!!

-LED lighting in Arena bowl

- HD Scoreboard (installed 2014)

-New seating
    All 8,684 permanent seats replaced
    Completed in three phases over three years (2014-2016)

-Restroom improvements

-Upgraded concession stands

-Expanded Fan Store

-Box Office
    Original Box Office Lobby terrazzo floor restored.

http://www.uwmilwaukeepantherarena.c...panther-arena/

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I was at the game. Nothing new for myself being in the building. As many know I have MU and UWM full season tickets. The wife and I have a Admirals mini plan. Plus, we do go to a roller derby event. So, on any given year, we are at UWM Panther Arena 13 to 20 times per year.

I thought 11,000 people was too many people in the old MECCA for that Bucks game. The teams in it now really serve the purpose for the building.

Let me tell you the upgrades in the past few years are out of this world. Game changer for an fan!!!

-LED lighting in Arena bowl

- HD Scoreboard (installed 2014)

-New seating
    All 8,684 permanent seats replaced
    Completed in three phases over three years (2014-2016)

-Restroom improvements

-Upgraded concession stands

-Expanded Fan Store

-Box Office
    Original Box Office Lobby terrazzo floor restored.

http://www.uwmilwaukeepantherarena.c...panther-arena/
    A great venue for an under 10K crowd, and for the Admirals. We are talking about hitting an Admirals game or two this year. Haven't been to one in a number of years.

I'm glad MU doesn't play there - the restrooms, the concourses are old and outdated, long lines for restrooms and beers and the concourses were overcrowded made it a mess. Sightlines are great but getting around between quarters and halftime were a headache.
    "In the words of Bill Simmons, "Because that's how we roll be-yotch!"" -IWB

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    A great venue for an under 10K crowd, and for the Admirals. We are talking about hitting an Admirals game or two this year. Haven't been to one in a number of years.
    I went to one Admirals game in my life at the Bradley Center. That was in 1995 or so. I really liked in what I've heard from Harris Turer in a rough time when the Admirals knew, they were not going to be in the New Bucks Arena. Total class! proud to have them in Milwaukee. I'm not really a hockey fan. My wife and I went to our first game last year on Dec. 26st. Had to be a crowd over 6,000. Cowbell night. Great energy in the building. Close to the action. We went to two more games in April. So, we got a mini plan this season. The Admirals do tons of promos and have great pricing. We really enjoy going!!

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/promotions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123