Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucks to play at UWM Panther Arena

"In just their third season, the Bucks compiled a 34-2 record at the MECCA and went on to win the 1971 NBA Championship."

Is that right? They were 66-16 that year - 82 games. 34-2 reflects only 36 home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I'd prefer the old Jabbar / Big O era jerseys.
    Agree big time - those unis were timeless - you could use that exact version today (minus the shorty short shorts of course) and they'd still be cool IMO. Very entertaining team.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIL/1971.html

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Wow - only 4,000 in '15-'16?
    I'm trying to find out where I read that, so it doesn't look like I'm giving out BS numbers.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    "In just their third season, the Bucks compiled a 34-2 record at the MECCA and went on to win the 1971 NBA Championship."

Is that right? They were 66-16 that year - 82 games. 34-2 reflects only 36 home games.
    I think in the old days it was not that uncommon for teams to play a game at a different site. Arenas were pretty much the same and not the revenue generators they are now. I know the Bucks would play a few games in Madison and maybe elsewhere.

Remember the KC / Omaha Kings back in the day. Some games in KC and some in Omaha.

Before the Brewers came to town, the White Sox would play a few games in Milw. Trying to expand the market I guess.

This quote was from Feigin today, as the media got a tour of the new arena. I said in the earlier post about season tickets being about 4,000 couple of years ago. Well, I guess I was a bit high on that.

"We've got five suites left out of 33,” Feigin said. “We've also sold through lofts which is another premium product."

Feigin says they hope to get 10,000 season ticket holders for the 2018-2019 season.

"To put that into perspective of growth, three seasons ago, we were probably at the 2,500 mark," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think in the old days it was not that uncommon for teams to play a game at a different site. Arenas were pretty much the same and not the revenue generators they are now. I know the Bucks would play a few games in Madison and maybe elsewhere.

Remember the KC / Omaha Kings back in the day. Some games in KC and some in Omaha.

Before the Brewers came to town, the White Sox would play a few games in Milw. Trying to expand the market I guess.

Spot on Goose. Five games in Madison that year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...971_games.html

EDIT: And they played the entire first round of the playoffs in Madison too. Wonder what was going on at the Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    MUfan12 predicted this a couple weeks back. Good call. An exciting start to the season: @Boston, Cleveland and then hosting Boston at the Arena.

If I'm not mistaken, MUfan12 got knowledge that Boston was coming to UWM Panther Arena. Also, added that Marquette would sign the new arena deal in August. Well done, by MUfan12!

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, MUfan12 got knowledge that Boston was coming to UWM Panther Arena. Also, added that Marquette would sign the new arena deal in August. Well done, by MUfan12!
    Ha, thanks! Was wrong on the throwbacks, but wasn't aware of Nike's plans at that point.

On that note, while those are nice, the Bucks wore that style a few years back. I would have loved to have seen the Irish rainbow set, or that style with the red trim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast