Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals Predictions

Give Durant the Finals MVP now. Wow!

Fits my narrative, so I will go with it. Lebron disappeared in the second half. Durant scores about 9 in the last two minutes to give Golden State the win. A new king is born.

Spread is 8 tonight and I'm assuming the Warriors will pull it out, but if they don't it will make for an interesting game 6 and the Warriors might start having 2016 nightmares. At least that is what I am hoping for tonight strictly from an entertainment perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Spread is 8 tonight and I'm assuming the Warriors will pull it out, but if they don't it will make for an interesting game 6 and the Warriors might start having 2016 nightmares. At least that is what I am hoping for tonight strictly from an entertainment perspective.
    Cavs had game 3 and choked it away down the stretch. Hopefully the Cavs pull it out tonight to make things interesting.

I am cheering for the Warriors in the series, but agree it would certainly make things interesting going back to Cleveland 3-2. I have found it amusing on the Scout board, some think the NBA is fixed and that they deliberately officiate games differently. Golden State got in foul trouble in game 4 because they came out flat, Barkley said as much on NBATV in the post-game. Steve Kerr alluded to the fact that his team was awful defensively (which leads to being out of position and having to foul). I think Golden State wraps it up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I am cheering for the Warriors in the series, but agree it would certainly make things interesting going back to Cleveland 3-2. I have found it amusing on the Scout board, some think the NBA is fixed and that they deliberately officiate games differently. Golden State got in foul trouble in game 4 because they came out flat, Barkley said as much on NBATV in the post-game. Steve Kerr alluded to the fact that his team was awful defensively (which leads to being out of position and having to foul). I think Golden State wraps it up tonight.
    I saw that conspiracy theory thread - don't believe one iota of it. Doddsy is a great guy, but he has a tendency to see things that aren't there.

Does Danny Crawford ref EVERY televised NBA game?

Great article by David Aldridge on how GS built their team (good drafting but some good luck as well). Curry (7th pick 2009), Thompson (11th pick 2011), Draymond Green (2nd round pick 2012). Steph Curry signs 4 year/$44 million extension in 2012, while he was injury prone. Then the new TV deal at just the right time:

"Then, the Players’ Union rejected the “smoothing” proposal that the league offered in 2015, which would have spread out the increases from the new $24 billion television deal over several years. Instead of a gradual increase in the salary cap, the cap leapt astronomically in 2016 -- from $70 million in 2015 to $94.1 million last summer. And that massive increase gave the Warriors the cap room needed to offer Durant a max contract."

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/1...land-cavaliers

Bucks had the 10th pick in 2011, traded down to #19 and drafted Tobias Harris. Could have had Klay Thompson at #10. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Great article by David Aldridge on how GS built their team (good drafting but some good luck as well). Curry (7th pick 2009), Thompson (11th pick 2011), Draymond Green (2nd round pick 2012). Steph Curry signs 4 year/$44 million extension in 2012, while he was injury prone. Then the new TV deal at just the right time. [/url]
    Jae was picked right before Draymond - both obviously good, if not great, value picks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast