Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals Predictions

NBA Finals Predictions

Last year I correctly picked that the Cavs would beat the Warriors in 7 games - something just wasn't right with the Warriors going into the finals so I was fairly confident that the Cavs would pull off the upset.

This year I don't have that type of feeling for either of the two teams - both teams are on a roll and pretty healthy so the choice is harder this year, but going to go with the Warriors in 7 although I will root against all things Draymond Green. Whoever wins, I'm confident it will be entertaining again.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

Last year, Curry was slowed by his knee injury he suffered earlier in the playoffs. Supposedly it was the same knee injury that caused Durant to miss 20 games this season. IN addition, rest could have been a factor, GSW was taken to the distance against Durant's OKC Thunder in the Western Finals, this year 4 game sweep....the major injury Steve Kerr's neck/back, probably will be out of the series. Draymond's suspension was the key last year. Up 3-1, momentum on your side.....it just killed the momentum. This year, I think Cleveland missing Delly is going to be a big loss for them. Delly had a way of getting under Curry's skin, for 4 minute bursts in both halves, that is huge, you like to disrupt great offensive players. A year ago, when GSW needed Harrison Barnes to hit maybe 2 more shots....he didn't and GSW didn't. You replace him with KD or basically knock Klay Thompson into the Barnes role as spot up shooter, it's a huge upgrade. KD defensively has been the last line of defense as well, so it allows GSW to either use Pachulia or insert Iguodala/Livingston, a nice option to have. On paper, you're looking at GSW 4-1, or 4-2....but the intangible factor....Lebron tells me the series goes 7. Would love to see Cleveland pull the upset, but GSW's depth, is straight up crazy.

These are clearly the top 2 teams (Golden State 12-0 and Cleveland 12-1). In terms of fatigue, there should be no excuses. Both teams have been able to get plenty of rest during the playoffs and a full week of rest before the Finals begin. The Finals schedule also has 2 days of rest between games (except between games 3 and 4). Along with Curry's nagging injury last season, was Golden State burnt out in going after and achieving the regular season record of 73 wins? Maybe just an excuse, but they looked worse as the Finals progressed last year.

When LeBron is dialed in, he is incredible. Best player in the Finals and in the NBA. That being said, I like the addition of Durant and to a much lesser extent, Pachulia and McGee to help keep Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love off of the boards when Cleveland goes big. I think Golden State wins. Tempted to say in 6 games, but the strength of both teams leads me to believe it will go a full 7 games again.

Golden State in 6
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

I am hoping for the Cavs in 7.
    Seems that Love is more integrated into the team and Irving has really looked good.

I also don't wand KD to get the ring this year.

Golden State in 5 - I hate Lebron more than I hate Draymond.

It will be interesting to see what kind of adjustments Cleveland makes in game 2.
    They seemed completely over matched and that game could have easily been a 40 or more point blowout if GS wasn't missing bunnies at the rim and Klay Thompson could hit a shot.
    The reason I picked GS in 5 is because I honestly believe that Cleveland is a terrible defensive team. On the other hand, GS is an excellent defensive team. Lebron, Kyrie and Love are not good individual defenders. They have been winning in the east because of their offense. Now they are up against a team that plays very good defense and has as many, if not more offensive weapons.

I have been saying this all year, but 2017 Durant is better than 2017 Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I have been saying this all year, but 2017 Durant is better than 2017 Lebron.
    I still would take LeBron over Durant. Durant has more talent around him. Irving and Love need to play much better for Cleveland to have a chance.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast