Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring Back the MU B-Ball Media Guides!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    That's why I've kept the print edition. But that edition of the JS has shrunk significantly since the Gannett purchase. Time to jettison soon as event local news is minimal. Conversely, the on-line version of the JS is difficult as it is in Gannett's USA Today format.
    Cool story from IWB. Personally, I always check box scores, especially high school to see if I know kids that played and made the box score. Like IWB said about looking up box scores on line, same for high school, it takes too much time. Navigating the JS website is often not worth the effort.

Now they don't even post high school box scores, and as Nukem points out, the paper and sports section in general has shrunk to the point why bother. Most of the baseball information is a reprint of the USA today.

Ctrl+F

Pressing Ctrl+F opens the Find field, which allows you to search the text currently displayed in any program that supports it. For example, Ctrl+F can be used in your Internet browser to find text on the current page. Press Ctrl+F now to open the Find in your browser and search for "shortcut" to display each time shortcut is mentioned on this page.
    On Apple computers, use Cmd + F to find.
    "In the words of Bill Simmons, "Because that's how we roll be-yotch!"" -IWB

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2010 View Post
    Ctrl+F

Pressing Ctrl+F opens the Find field, which allows you to search the text currently displayed in any program that supports it. For example, Ctrl+F can be used in your Internet browser to find text on the current page. Press Ctrl+F now to open the Find in your browser and search for "shortcut" to display each time shortcut is mentioned on this page.
    On Apple computers, use Cmd + F to find.

+1

Kids these days...
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Jim, where did you hear that Title IX requires similar game programs? I have never heard that before.

Less and less people were buying game programs and media guides because the information is available digitally. It was an easy thing to get rid of because you don't have to sell ads and you save the cost of paper, printing, layout, etc. As soon as they became a money loser, they were gone.

Not game programs, media guides. When the first big schools announced that they would not do it anymore, they said it was all due to cost and that was one of the reasons their numbers were so high.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12