Thread: Jajuan Johnson

Jajuan Johnson

Was not able to get there today but Jajuan Johnson did the pre-draft workouts for the Bucks today. Trevon Bluiett also in attendance.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

At best Jajuan might be able to latch on to a D-league team. Bluiett will also likely end up in the D-league but I think he'll grab one of those new NBA/DL contracts that expands the NBA roster and allows the team to move a player up and down at will. I believe those players will make between $75K - $275K depending on if they're in the DL or NBA.

Agree on JaJuan. I think Bluiett would be best served returning for his senior season, but thought the same thing about Delgado.

When is D-Day (Decision Day) for players to stay in or pull out?

Blueitt might be best served by staying in school, but he had an off-court issue at the end of the season that may or may not affect his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    When is D-Day (Decision Day) for players to stay in or pull out?

Blueitt might be best served by staying in school, but he had an off-court issue at the end of the season that may or may not affect his decision.
    May 24

JJJ might want to opt for a guaranteed big pay check in a place like sunny Italy. Maybe one of the islands? Diener can tell him of the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaWarrior View Post
    JJJ might want to opt for a guaranteed big pay check in a place like sunny Italy. Maybe one of the islands? Diener can tell him of the benefits.
    Yes, that would certainly be best for him unless he can get one of those new extra D-League NBA roster slots. In the long run, though, probably smarter to go as you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Yes, that would certainly be best for him unless he can get one of those new extra D-League NBA roster slots. In the long run, though, probably smarter to go as you post.
    While that would be ideal, you sort of make it sound like European clubs are handing out $500K-$1M/year contracts to any kid that played D1 hoops in the states. Most top leagues have limits on the number of foreign born players a team can take and so those teams are going to take only the top talent or guys who've established themselves overseas for a few years (i.e. Diener after he left the NBA). The JuJuan Johnson's of the world will be lucky to find a team in the 3rd division in Turkey or China and those leagues aren't paying top dollar for their services.

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    While that would be ideal, you sort of make it sound like European clubs are handing out $500K-$1M/year contracts to any kid that played D1 hoops in the states. Most top leagues have limits on the number of foreign born players a team can take and so those teams are going to take only the top talent or guys who've established themselves overseas for a few years (i.e. Diener after he left the NBA). The JuJuan Johnson's of the world will be lucky to find a team in the 3rd division in Turkey or China and those leagues aren't paying top dollar for their services.
    Not suggesting that at all. Just unlikely he'll get one of those privileged D-League contracts. Just head overseas as best as he can if he is serious about a pro career. Obviously , he is not going to get the big bucks.