Thread: Spurs In Playoffs Under Popovich

Spurs In Playoffs Under Popovich

With the series win over Houston, Greg Popovich has now won a playoff series against every team in the West.

Caribou's guy is getting it done against everyone. Now that is impressive.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/sp...153501563.html

I think I would take Greg Popovich over Phil Jackson if I had to pick a coach. Spurs have a great culture and players always seem to develop under Popovich.

Tough loss though yesterday - would have been nice to sneak out of there with a win with KL's injury - rest him the next game and they leave SF tied @ 1-1 and KL gets to rest right up to the first game in S.A.

PS - Draymond Green is such a douche - liked him in college and and his first couple years out of school. Damn good player though, but I bet his teammates are tired of his act as well.

Definitely a tough loss after being up 20 at halftime. Losing Leonard really hurt SA. Some are suggesting it was a dirty play by Pachulia, sliding underneath Leonard on his jump shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Tough loss though yesterday - would have been nice to sneak out of there with a win with KL's injury - rest him the next game and they leave SF tied @ 1-1 and KL gets to rest right up to the first game in S.A.

PS - Draymond Green is such a douche - liked him in college and and his first couple years out of school. Damn good player though, but I bet his teammates are tired of his act as well.
    I agree that I think Green's act is wearing on his teammates.

One thing that is completely different in the pro game than the college game is the screens up top. Some refs let you screen like an offensive lineman. In college those are all offensive fouls / moving screens.

Here is an interesting Cavs related statistic I hear this morning. The Cavs have had 24 days off since the playoffs started.

Leonard ruled out for game 3 tonight. Looking forward to the Finals, the Warriors and Cavs showing they are head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Leonard ruled out for game 3 tonight. Looking forward to the Finals, the Warriors and Cavs showing they are head and shoulders above the rest of the league.
    Wake me up when June 1 rolls around. Getting the feeling the league is reverting back to the 80's dynasties when it was pretty much Lakers-Celtics for a decade. Easily see both teams being favorites for 2-3 more seasons.