Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Thread

DJ Wilson fits the Bucks mold. Giannis (6'11"), Middleton (6'8"), Snell (6'7") all have long wingspans. Middleton and Snell are good 3-point shooters. DJ Wilson is 21, 6'10" and a 7'3" wingspan. He shot 37% from beyond the arc and has great lateral quickness, a very good defender. Wilson and Wagner owned Hayes and Happ in the Big 14 championship game. Nice first pick Jon Horst.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 06-22-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    DJ Wilson fits the Bucks mold. Giannis (6'11"), Middleton (6'8"), Snell (6'7") all have long wingspans. Middleton and Snell are good 3-point shooters. DJ Wilson is 21, 6'10" and a 7'3" wingspan. He shot 37% from beyond the arc and has great lateral quickness, a very good defender. Wilson and Wagner owned Hayes and Happ in the Big 14 championship game. Nice first pick Jon Horst.
    At first I thought it was a reach. However after a little thought it is probably a good pick. He should allow the Bucks to try and trade Henson, which will give them a little more wiggle room under the cap to avoid the luxury tax, especially if Hawes opts back in.

I think the Bucks really wanted Patten, but he was taken via the Chicago/Minnesota trade. Proof was in the amount of time it took Bucks to make their pick.

I hope Wilson is what we need, but I was listening on the radio and the draft profile sounded great, then added that "he doesn't play hard all the time and plays soft at times."

I hope that was not accurate.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I think the Bucks really wanted Patten, but he was taken via the Chicago/Minnesota trade. Proof was in the amount of time it took Bucks to make their pick.

I hope Wilson is what we need, but I was listening on the radio and the draft profile sounded great, then added that "he doesn't play hard all the time and plays soft at times."

I hope that was not accurate.
    Billy McKinney (Director of Scouting) was at the 2016 Paradise Jam, in which Creighton won. Patton was fantastic playing with Watson. Bucks need more perimeter shooting, if u can add 6'10", 7'3" wingspan that can shoot the 3, and defend, it is a good pick.

I really like the Thornwell pick in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Amen! Replace Jason Terry (39). A proven college player, you feel good cheering for him.

I sure he will be the cornerstone of the D League team this year. My hope is he can replace Rashad Vaughn who has shown little thus far.

Pick was traded to the Clips. Bucks acquired Sterling Brown from SMU from Philly at 46. Can really shoot it.

I sure he will be the cornerstone of the D League team this year. My hope is he can replace Rashad Vaughn who has shown little thus far.
    Funny thing, Vaughn would be a senior in college this upcoming season. He is 20. Remember Vander Blue's progression? Rookies basically have 4 years to prove themselves (unless traded). In game 82, Vaughn played well @ Boston. Might be an issue of conquering "stage fright". He was an All-American out of High School. When I was 20.....

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Pick was traded to the Clips. Bucks acquired Sterling Brown from SMU from Philly at 46. Can really shoot it.
    Luxury Tax concerns.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast