Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucks Going Forward

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    If Monroe and Hawes both opt back in, can we trade Henson for a shooter? I just don't see anyway we go into next season with four centers.
    The Bucks traded MCW for Snell in October, during the preseason. So, even if Hawes opts-in, the Bucks can still try to deal him and/or Henson, Teletovic, etc before the season starts or early in the season. The reassuring thing is that we know the owners want to win badly and appear willing to have a high team payroll. The Bucks will leave no stone unturned to improve this team.

I for one don't know what to do with Parker. He is eligible for a big extension. If we pay him and he gets injured again, or is not the same player, we are screwed. If we don't pay him, and he returns to form and doesn't get injured, he probably feels unloved and leaves as a free agent.

Ideally Hawes opts in, Monroe opts in, you move Delly, Teletovic, and Henson for minimum contracts or picks, resign Snell, Terry, & Beasley and you sign a PG like Hill or Teague.

Hawes is a cheap option for a 3rd Center behind Maker & Monroe.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Ideally Hawes opts in, Monroe opts in, you move Delly, Teletovic, and Henson for minimum contracts or picks, resign Snell, Terry, & Beasley and you sign a PG like Hill or Teague.

That sounds like a solid strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post

I think Hammond will be able to move one, maybe two of those three, but we will take on a contract or two in doing so (like we did with Hawes). All three do have value, but need to be the right fit like Plumlee was. I'd be fine if we kept Delly and moved the other two for about 1/2 the contract values.

I agree on Hawes being a good option along with Maker and Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I for one don't know what to do with Parker. He is eligible for a big extension. If we pay him and he gets injured again, or is not the same player, we are screwed. If we don't pay him, and he returns to form and doesn't get injured, he probably feels unloved and leaves as a free agent.
    Hammond, who spoke from the sidelines of the Bucks' training center while Parker was shooting on the court in front of him, was almost giddy about the pace of Parker's recovery, saying, "you watch him and think, 'Wow, he's going to play very soon.'" He quickly tempered that assessment, noting that the team's medical staff projected a return date around the all-star break next season.

"As far as his future in Milwaukee we think it's long term," Hammond said. "That's the goal, that always has been the goal. ... Couple things — No. 1, we want Jabari here and No. 2, he wants to be here. Similar to Giannis. I think with that in mind (for) both parties, I think that will happen.”

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...son/101277658/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12