Thread: Jabari

Jabari

I guess the old idea that players won't want to play and stay in Milwaukee is slowly changing

First Giannis and now Jabari....pretty cool

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ja...ucks-playoffs/

That is awesome
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Jabari's article goes beyond that, but players want to play for a successful, forward looking organization. I always thought the "Milwaukee question" was a load of bunk just like the "Green Bay question" was 30 years ago. It was an excuse made by those who thought those teams could never been successful.

Players are going somewhere for a job. And if they love the job, they will love where they are located. Even those players with successful careers will have 40-50 years in front of them when they retire from the NBA - they can live wherever they want for whatever reasons they want at that point.

Jabari came here as as midwest guy, a Chicago guy, and was young when he arrived.
    He has made some friends here both on the team and off, which I'm sure helps.

He is tied in with Milwaukee guys as I saw when he played in IWB's Scion Dental ProAm this summer.

Seems like a genuinely good guy, and really great to see what he wrote about himself, the team, and Milwaukee.

As IWB said, That is Awesome!

Who knows, this article could help in swaying one of his former Simeon teammates for Marquette.

It also can't hurt if a potential free agent player is considering the Bucks.

I remember a while back there was a picture online of Jabari playing beer pong and it raised concerns of him partying and/or falling in with the wrong crowd. I looked closely at the picture and recognized two of the other people in the picture. It was an MSOE party. Yep, Jabari hanging with a some engineering students at MSOE is really teetering on the edge of falling in with the wrong crowd!

Jabari Parker is a great kid who has had a rough go of it on the injury side. He will recover better than ever and I really hope the Bucks don't give up on him!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Add a healthy Jabari to the mix of players they have now, plus one more outsider shooter, and the sky is the limit for the Bucks.
    Brogdan - Middleton - Giannis - Parker - Maker with Monroe, Snell, Delly, Beasley and a couple outside shooters and look out.

Jabari is a real good representative of the Bucks, and I hope the Bucks continue to keep him as a cornerstone to the future of this team.

Jabari needs to greatly improve defensively to be successful in Kidd's system. His rotations are terrible, constantly leaves shooters open, gets beat off the dribble. He's a very good offensive player, but it's offset by the fact that he's arguably the worst defender at his position in the NBA. There's a reason they were 7 games under .500 when he got hurt and 9 games over .500 when they replaced him with Middleton.

That said, the guy seems to have a great head on his shoulders. He loves it in Milwaukee. He seems to genuinely be a good guy. I'm rooting like hell for him to make a successful comeback from injury. Milwaukee is lucky to have 3 humble young stars in Giannis, Middleton, and Parker.