Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Seeding / Matchups

Playoff Seeding / Matchups

Well with two games left things are beginning to clear up as it pertains to seedlings and matchups. With the win yesterday the Bucks have clinched a playoff spot, and with a win in either of their next two games would lock in a 6 seed at worst. Unfortauntely the 5 seed is gonna be real tough because Atlanta would have to lose both of their next two games (vs. CHA & @IND)... this is a bit of a bummer for me because I hoped Atlanta would drop both against Cleveland especially given they rested 5 starters in one game, and had a 26 point deficit in the 4th quarter of the second game... but alas they won both and made it tough for the Bucks to finish 5th. As for the 7th and 8th seeds the Bucks would have to lose out, and Chicago or Indy would have to win out as the Bucks hold the tie breakers with both. So basically the Bucks are most likely the 6 seed...

Now with that said, the way it sits right now the only possible opponents the Bucks could face in that 6 seed are Boston, Washington, and Toronto. The most likely of the three being Toronto by a long shot... not sure this is the best matchup for the Bucks, but it will be nice to be back in the playoffs, and you hope they can have a good showing and take them to 7 games.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Well with two games left things are beginning to clear up as it pertains to seedlings and matchups. With the win yesterday the Bucks have clinched a playoff spot, and with a win in either of their next two games would lock in a 6 seed at worst. Unfortauntely the 5 seed is gonna be real tough because Atlanta would have to lose both of their next two games (vs. CHA & @IND)... this is a bit of a bummer for me because I hoped Atlanta would drop both against Cleveland especially given they rested 5 starters in one game, and had a 26 point deficit in the 4th quarter of the second game... but alas they won both and made it tough for the Bucks to finish 5th. As for the 7th and 8th seeds the Bucks would have to lose out, and Chicago or Indy would have to win out as the Bucks hold the tie breakers with both. So basically the Bucks are most likely the 6 seed...

Now with that said, the way it sits right now the only possible opponents the Bucks could face in that 6 seed are Boston, Washington, and Toronto. The most likely of the three being Toronto by a long shot... not sure this is the best matchup for the Bucks, but it will be nice to be back in the playoffs, and you hope they can have a good showing and take them to 7 games.
    I think the Bucks could give all three of them a decent series.

It will be good to be back in the playoffs. I might actually favor the Bucks as the #6 seed, assuming Cleveland gets the #1 (although they are tied with Boston with 2 games left). If the Bucks surprised with a first round win (unlikely), I would rather face Boston than Cleveland in the 2nd round. Regardless, it will be good to have playoff basketball back, and hopefully no more back concerns for Brogdon.

http://stats.nba.com/playoffs/

Milwaukee is guaranteed no worse than the #6 seed with the win tonight. For the #5 seed, Milwaukee must win Wednesday and Atlanta lose their last 2 games. Might be wise to rest Giannis, Middleton, etc on Wednesday. At least limit their minutes.

I think with the Celtics winning tonight, and the Bucks locking in the 6 seed we can only finish 5th or most likely 6th and could only matchup with Washington or most likely Toronto. I would much rather play Washington than Toronto personally. At the end of the day I think our ability to give someone a series will be based off of which Bucks team shows up, Jan Bucks? Or March Bucks?
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Assuming Atlanta wins tomorrow, the Bucks will basically let Boston wrap up the one seed. I gotta think they'll give a lot run to the bench guys if they're locked in at 6.

I think Toronto is a bad matchup for us, would have rather played Washington. Happy to have playoff basketball.

Hope the schedule comes out tonight.
    March Madness starts in November

Middleton, Snell, Delly and Giannis did not make the trip to Boston. Interesting, Brogdon is starting.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Hope the schedule comes out tonight.
    Game 1 Saturday at 4:30pm central time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast