Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banner Boys Need YOUR VOTE!

Banner Boys Need YOUR VOTE!

Vote for our team to play in @THETOURNAMENT! #TBT2017

Link: Banner Boys - Milwaukee Alumni

We're playing for the school, the program, but more importantly to #SidelineHeroin! Back us up

Well, I see the names McCants, J. Tucker, Tiby, A. Hill and Wichmann on the list so far, but we're 27 votes behind the coveted No. 9 slot in the Midwest. So if you haven't already voted, please do so.

Wouldn't it be fun to see these guys and maybe Clay Tucker, Dylan Page, Boo Davis, Adrian Tigert, Ricky Franklin, Kaylon Williams, Kyle Kelm, Jordan Aaron, Akeem Springs and Austin Arians play together?

Ronald "Boo" Davis, one of my all-time favorites, is in the fold!

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    Well, I see the names McCants, J. Tucker, Tiby, A. Hill and Wichmann on the list so far, but we're 27 votes behind the coveted No. 9 slot in the Midwest. So if you haven't already voted, please do so.

Wouldn't it be fun to see these guys and maybe Clay Tucker, Dylan Page, Boo Davis, Adrian Tigert, Ricky Franklin, Kaylon Williams, Kyle Kelm, Jordan Aaron, Akeem Springs and Austin Arians play together?
    Well Akeem's hurt. He'll be a "booster" at some point, I'm sure.

These are guys who will likely be playing/trying out for the team that haven't been 'officially' added to the roster:

Clay Tucker
    Dylan Page
    Kaylon Williams
    Jordan Aaron
    Tony Meier
    Malcolm Moore
    Ryan Haggerty

These guys are officially on the roster:
    Ed McCants
    Joah Tucker
    Matt Tiby
    Cody Wichmann
    Myles McKay
    Jason McCoy
    Boo Davis
    Anthony Hill

So we've got some work to do, but aside from Cody - who is still in school - those are all pros. A few of them have made a lot of money playing. Just about all of them have been top level pro league all-stars. A few of them have MVP's on the shelf.

We have to finish in the Top 9 in the Midwest on June 1st. So let's do everything we can to ensure we'll be there!

If I'm reading the rules correctly, after the 9 teams selected on popularity are chosen on June 1st, then 6 teams each region are picked at-large if they have 7 players, 100+ fans and meet the eligibility requirements which the Banner Boys meets all those provisions already. Its probable that just because a team finishes in position 10-15 in the popularity rankings, they won't automatically be selected as an at-large and obviously, finishing in the top 9 would mean you wouldn't have worry about that possibility of not being selected as an at-large but I think finishing top 15 would still give a team a good shot of making this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by DKelly28 View Post
    If I'm reading the rules correctly, after the 9 teams selected on popularity are chosen on June 1st, then 6 teams each region are picked at-large if they have 7 players, 100+ fans and meet the eligibility requirements which the Banner Boys meets all those provisions already. Its probable that just because a team finishes in position 10-15 in the popularity rankings, they won't automatically be selected as an at-large and obviously, finishing in the top 9 would mean you wouldn't have worry about that possibility of not being selected as an at-large but I think finishing top 15 would still give a team a good shot of making this tournament.
    The plan is to say "screw it" and just finish with top votes in the region. Tall order, obviously, but I think if we have that as the goal we'll finish top-5 in regional voting easily.

As it stands now, today has been our best day by far in getting out the vote. We've outpaced everyone in the Midwest except for Marquette in votes today. I think we can do this. But we need people to get everyone to vote - friends, family, even if they don't care one bit about hoops.

Even if they don't care about hoops, they should care about stopping heroin in its tracks - and that's charity we're getting behind.

Great news, Jimmy!

Not to nitpick, but we'll need more than one PG on the roster. I would strongly advise looking at Ricky Franklin, Steve McWhorter and Chris Hill as well.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 04-06-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Derick can help with this further, but I believe that six of the top 25 players in our post-1990 history are already on the roster. We just need to add six more.

And we'll need a couple of big men, so let's go get Kyle and J.J. and finish this thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast