Thread: Looking Ahead - Xavier

Looking Ahead - Xavier

http://www.espn.com/blog/ncbrecruiti.../post?id=17055

I really doubt either Sumner or Blueitt leave, which means Xavier will be very good again next year. If Scruggs is as good as his ranking, the Musketeers could play a lot of small ball next year with Scruggs, Blueitt, Sumner, and Macura joining O'Mara/Jones. Goodin, Gates, and a couple of freshmen would give them solid depth.

I think Xavier will be a Top 10-15 team next year if their only losses are Gaston and Bernard.

JP Macura is a real pest, and really good. O'Meara has developed into a nice big man that can score when they need it.

I agree, if healthy and the two guards return, they will to Top 2 in the BE and will contend for a Final Four appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/ncbrecruiti.../post?id=17055

I really doubt either Sumner or Blueitt leave, which means Xavier will be very good again next year. If Scruggs is as good as his ranking, the Musketeers could play a lot of small ball next year with Scruggs, Blueitt, Sumner, and Macura joining O'Mara/Jones. Goodin, Gates, and a couple of freshmen would give them solid depth.

I think Xavier will be a Top 10-15 team next year if their only losses are Gaston and Bernard.
    I actually think that both Sumner and Bluiett will leave, but X will be able to weather that fairly comfortably. A starting line-up of Scruggs, Macura, freshman Naji Marshall (who I think will be an all-around monster for them), Gates (who I think breaks out next year, healthy and out of Bluiett's shadow), and Jones is really good, plus Goodin off the bench as a utility guard, O'Mara as a big that can score a little, and a couple of their other frosh as potential scoring options (Elias Harden had a very good senior year in Georgia, and Jared Ridder was Gatorade Player of the Year in Missouri).
    #BringShakaHome

I think it is pretty common knowledge that Bluiett is probably gone. He wanted to go last year.

Not sure what Sumner will do.....when will he be healthy enough to play? December? January?

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    I think it is pretty common knowledge that Bluiett is probably gone. He wanted to go last year.

Not sure what Sumner will do.....when will he be healthy enough to play? December? January?
    Some of the mock drafts have Bluiett as a mid to late 2nd round pick. It may not be automatic that he leaves.

I expect Sumner to be back, Blueitt seems 50/50. If he's back, they will be back contending for the league title. Xavier, Villanova, and Creighton should all be very good next year.