Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Butler pull an upset tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Warrior View Post
    I don't know. I think if Purdue beat Kansas, it would be termed an upset.
    I agree with that. Just repeating in what I hear of 10 plus hours of college sports radio each day.
    March Madness starts in November

Not looking good for Butler. UNC was just too good in the first half in building up the lead. And now in the 2nd half, anytime Butler would make a little run, UNC would answer. They really look just head and shoulders above Butler today.

That's okay. I'll take the run to the Sweet 16 for them. As a 4 seed, that is where they are supposed to go, so they have met expectations.

On a separate note, how about South Carolina??? Handing it to Baylor!!! Makes our loss to them not look so bad!!!

It really is amazing.....SC like Xavier really limped into,the tourney.....and now this....out of nowhere.

Unfortunately we all know what's going to happen with South Carolina - after the rodents beat Florida, South Carolina will revert to their season performance and not score in the E8 game. Sigh. (Go Gators!)
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    ...and if Florida wins that would leave both the ACC and Big 10 with zilch - that would be heaven.
    Even though Butler didn't win...Caribou Jim, this is for you because Bucky went down! No B1G 14 left!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzo1ODMmymA

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Unfortunately we all know what's going to happen with South Carolina - after the rodents beat Florida, South Carolina will revert to their season performance and not score in the E8 game. Sigh. (Go Gators!)
    There are time when Hizzoner is happy (relieved, ecstatic, euphoric) to have been wrong. This is at the top of the list.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoone2inchesTaller View Post
    Even though Butler didn't win...Caribou Jim, this is for you because Bucky went down! No B1G 14 left!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzo1ODMmymA
    Watching the end of the game again on CBSN right now to soak it all in once more!!

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    There are time when Hizzoner is happy (relieved, ecstatic, euphoric) to have been wrong. This is at the top of the list.
    Many, many, many times.

That shot will stick in the eternal memory of Bucky fans just like Rick Mount's shot vs MU in 1969--though with far better video!
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    That shot will stick in the eternal memory of Bucky fans just like Rick Mount's shot vs MU in 1969--though with far better video!
    And just like Whitehead's shot versus UNC-Charlotte.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12