Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Butler pull an upset tonight?

Can Butler pull an upset tonight?

That would leave 2 BEast teams in the Elite 8 and 0 ACC teams!

...and if Florida wins that would leave both the ACC and Big 10 with zilch - that would be heaven.

Butler has wins over Villanova x2, Arizona, Northwestern, Cincy, Vandy, etc. Would it really be an upset?
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Butler has wins over Villanova x2, Arizona, Northwestern, Cincy, Vandy, etc. Would it really be an upset?
    Only from a seeding perspective from my view. KPom does have UNC winning 77-73 with a 35% chance of Butler winning. So, I guess many would view it as an upset,
    Last edited by Nukem2; 03-24-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Yes they can win this game. They have the talent, leadership and moxy to win. UNC can be unimpressive, at times. Let's hope tonight is one of those times!

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Only from a seeding perspective from my view. KPom does have UNC winning 77-73 with a 35% chance of Butler winning. So, I guess many would view it as an upset,
    Many are viewing it as an upset because it's little ole Butler. People are not using the term upset, if it's the so-called Power-5 school.
    March Madness starts in November

Many are viewing it as an upset because it's little ole Butler. People are not using the term upset, if it's the so-called Power-5 school.
    That as well.

Butler beat UNC on neutral courts the last two times they played. They can definitely win. Holtmann plays a style that I feel really is an equalizer. It can be a detriment against less talented foes (losses to Indiana State, St John's, OT with DePaul) but ensures they will be in almost every game.

I don't know. I think if Purdue beat Kansas, it would be termed an upset.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Looks like men against boys. Butler completely overmatched

When one of the 2 or 3 most talented teams in the country plays at the top of their game it can just overwhelm the opponent......

Maybe they can rally to make it competitive in the 2nd half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast