Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Big Ten team down and 2...

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Great win for X. Impressive that X has been to 6 Sweet 16s since 2008. Glad Mack is a Xavier alumnus who grew up in the Cincinnati area. He has a strong recruiting class coming in (Paul Scruggs, Naji Marshall, Elias Harden) IMHO, if asked, Mack would not leave Xavier for Indiana (not sure he is one of their top targets either).
    Heard Gottlieb this morning say that Alford to Indiana is almost a done deal. Who knows though. Gottlieb has thrown his hat in the ring for OK State.

At Fox is he going to be doing any b-ball games or just his radio show and maybe some studio work? Not a likeable fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Great win for X. Impressive that X has been to 6 Sweet 16s since 2008. Glad Mack is a Xavier alumnus who grew up in the Cincinnati area. He has a strong recruiting class coming in (Paul Scruggs, Naji Marshall, Elias Harden) IMHO, if asked, Mack would not leave Xavier for Indiana (not sure he is one of their top targets either).
    I would like to think that, but between the IU silence and the Winthrop guy backing out at UMass, it does make me wonder.

Purdue thought the game was 14 minutes long and they won 33-25. Forgot about the other 26 minutes. My lord, Kansas undressed them the rest of the way. 73-33 "run" to close the game.

And I agree, Mack may be out at Xavier. Would really like him to stay, and hoping maybe Kelsey backed out because he's in play at Georgetown. Have to think the IU job is going to Mack or Alford at this point.

Not saying MAck is staying at X, but his comments over the past week seem to indicate he isn't going anywhere. From Cincy, went to X, has a history there, great program, great recruits coming in, great players coming back...

Would actually shock me if he left.

Alford and Bennett seem to have been the hot names. FWIW, the Indy Star columnist listed 6 candidates....mentioning Holtmann but not Mack. Will be interesting if UCLA loses tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    Really, really bad way to end the game, as that was one of the more entertaining games of the season to watch up until that point.
    I did not understand why they started jacking up 3's. Go to the rack and get a deuce, plenty of time remained. Heck, after the 2nd miss, there were still 10+ seconds remaining to try and get that last shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12