Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Crean be Coaching Next Year?

Will Crean be Coaching Next Year?

Crean is shown the door at Indiana.

I will always appreciate what TC did here at MU, and for that reason have always cheered for him at Indiana and will do so at his next stop.
    A program builder for sure.

Thought he'd get another year after winning the Big 10 last year and being stung by injuries this year. Fans just expect more.

NC State, Cal, Illinois, Washington, and who knows what else may open up.

He lasted nine years at IU. I don't have the real stats, but my guess is that exceeds the average coaching gig by at least a couple of years, especially in high-major programs.

After how stressful IU was on him and the family, a year off might not be a bad idea.

Still think he'd be a decent NBA assistant. Good development guy, and strong in game prep.

He can if he wants. He will get offers this year. An outsider could argue that a break would be good for him but we don't know what makes him tick and if he's got the itch to get back into coaching again.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    After how stressful IU was on him and the family, a year off might not be a bad idea.

Still think he'd be a decent NBA assistant. Good development guy, and strong in game prep.
    The guy was extremely well paid. $4million to leave. Many folks would sign up for his stress.

My guess is he takes the year off. Will make plenty to sit out a year, and likely have his choice of jobs next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    My guess is he takes the year off. Will make plenty to sit out a year, and likely have his choice of jobs next year.
    One would think so, but he is such a hyper individual. Can't imagine him sitting still for a year. He would drive Joanie nuts.

I think it is really going to come down to what jobs open up... if he likes one he will take it, if not he will take the year off and revisit it next year when the next round opens up. He can always get a job in TV for the next year.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

I too think he might take this year off, if nothing else to have time to watch Riley play ball in college.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    I think it is really going to come down to what jobs open up... if he likes one he will take it, if not he will take the year off and revisit it next year when the next round opens up. He can always get a job in TV for the next year.
    And he surprisingly has been pretty good on TV whenever he's had that opportunity.
    #BringShakaHome

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast