Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we have an agreement with new arena?

Do we have an agreement with new arena?

I was told we don't have an agreement with the Bucks for the new arena yet. Does anyone have info on this?

Well, if no Marquette than no NCAA tournaments held at the new arena.

It's going to difficult for us to keep playing at the BC.....so I think they will get it worked out.

Are you sure they are talking about the arena and not the sports medicine facility. I don't believe they have any agreement with the Bucks about that. Just assumed with all the talk from both sides that the arena is a done deal.

I was told there is not an agreement as yet for the new arena. Am wondering if true. Btw it is from a high and good source.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOMalley82 View Post
    I was told there is not an agreement as yet for the new arena. Am wondering if true. Btw it is from a high and good source.
    Well if the good source was high, maybe he was mistaken.

Seriously, I wonder if the differences of opinion over the MU facility have had negotiations more difficult than anticipated.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

I know we do not have an agreement but we are very close. There have been some issues in negotiations. Assuredly the price has gone up. We are now dealing with the Bucks rather than the Bradley Center Board which was very friendly to MU. My understanding is that the athletics performance center "deal" caused some problems. My source is not on the MU side of the negotiations.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

What exactly is being negotiated? The rental price for games? Dates? Access to the stadium for practices?

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    What exactly is being negotiated? The rental price for games? Dates? Access to the stadium for practices?
    All of it, but specific dates obviously can't be done now.

For the life of Me I will not understand how MU did not have more discussions with the Bucks and the billionaires attached in regard to the New PT sports center. I would consider this a epic failure on MU and Lovetts account. Please someone explain to me if I'm wrong. I was thinking the bucks had someone inside the loop on this the whole time and they were going to part of the building and help with some naming rights?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast