I am reporting this here (originally posted in the Recruiting in April 2016). It is still as valid today as it was almost a year ago, and as we all know, not one thing on this list is even being discussed. I think this is a reasonable plan, with achievable goals...of course, you need a leader more interested in growing the program than she is her own ego.

The plan for growing the program cannot be simply one of "winning games and recruiting locally". That just makes you the best in a weak conference, and you are still 1 bad game in March away from no NCAA bid.

The plan must be bigger and more far reaching that that. I would suggest the following:

1. Develop a plan to make continued improvements regarding conference affiliations.
    1. Approach the MVC about moving to it, probably with Valpo. This makes the Valley a 12 team conference that now includes another major metro area (Milwaukee) and another IN program (Valpo)
    2. Be ready to move up from the Valley if the opportunity presents itself, similar to what Butler did moving to the Big East. When an opportunity comes along, you need to be ready to take it. Such a move may no be required though, given the programs that would be in the New Valley.

2. Immediately add men's and women's hockey. This will quickly become a third revenue generator along with baseball, (see #3) and relieve pressure on the Basketball program to hold up the whole department financially.
  3. Improve the profile of baseball to a level befitting the only D1 program in the state.
    1. Aggressively partner with the Brewers up to and including using Miller Park for spring home games instead of the current month long road trip to start the season
    2. Develop and implement the plan to have a true home field at the Rock
    3. Improve marketing to at least the level of the Lakeshore Chinooks. It should be an embarrassment that we are out marketed by and have lesser facilities than the Chinooks.

All of this needs to be planned and discussed with donors in advance, asking for their input, advice and support long term to see this plan through to fulfillment, rather than following the current approach by the Athletic Department which seems to be "Give me your money and shut your damn mouth. I am smarter than you."

All of which means the very first step....Step Zero if you will....is to fire the complete clown of an Athletic Director we have now, along with her lackeys, and bring in someone that can direct this effort, and will commit to seeing it through in the long term. That begins to put out the Dumpster Fire on Downer (TM) and repair the relationship with the booster community.