Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You can be the change

Totally agree!

By the way, was the above footage shot at Engelmann Gym, our future home?

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    Totally agree!

By the way, was the above footage shot at Engelmann Gym, our future home?
    We may wish we had Engelann in the future. It's been converted to an indoor soccer training facility, complete with FieldTurf. Try dribbling on that.

The good news is, that's a huge plus for soccer. The bad news is, the stories my boss has told about all the Bucks, Marquette, UW and MKE players spending hot summer days playing pickup in Engelmann are over. At least until we get that practice facility up.

Serious question (and I suspect an answer for which most of us are pining to know): Will we still be Division 1 before they build a facility for us? After all, the regents have already started to circle.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    Serious question (and I suspect an answer for which most of us are pining to know): Will we still be Division 1 before they build a facility for us? After all, the regents have already started to circle.
    i don't have the connections to the program or to the department that many of you have or have had.

Has anyone heard any serious proposals that UWM go back to Division II or Division III? Where can i see the comments from the UW System Regents that Dylan is alluding to?

Or is the talk of doing so a prediction of what might happen if the AD continues on her current course?

If the decision were made, does anyone think would Braun stick around?
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

'Heap, the challenge to the feasibility of continued D-1 athletics at UWM amidst a deficit of $11 million came on June 10 of last year in Madison and was first issued by regent Tim Higgins.

Attendance of "1,300" for the school's flagship sport certainly won't help our case the next time the subject is raised.

1,300? Did someone double count a game? I have very legitimate doubt that we had a single home game all year in which the ACTUAL attendance exceeded 1,000 people -- ushers, janitors, bandsmen, cheerleaders, trainers and players included.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

I dunno. In that game that ran up next to the Packers' playoff game, I counted 422 actual people in the crowd. And that was for sure the worst crowd of the year, by all accounts.

I bet there were a couple games that reached that 1,300 threshold.

It's just...it wasn't long ago when that was seen as the bottom threshold for a bad year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12