Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tourney Thread - All Big East Games

So 2 Big East teams in the sweet 16 and neither one is Nova......conference showing it's depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    So 2 Big East teams in the sweet 16 and neither one is Nova......conference showing it's depth.
    Yep, just what I was going to post. Poor little BE is right there. Wish Nova could be there, but matchups prevail in one and done.

Nicely done Butler. So much for Seth Davis' Middle Tennessee lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    It was said all year how even and deep the league is. Wish Nova would have continued on, as I thought they could get to the Final 4. UW was a tough matchup for them, especially in the field of 32. They had length inside and that hurt Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Seems like we have seen this playbook before and they were just fine. Sad to say, but I envy their program right now. Never thought UW would be lightyears ahead of MU, but they are.
    Agree. They just seem to reload. I do think it will be a little harder this time when they lose their entire backcourt and going to Trice/Hill. Showalter does all the little things and Koenig is likely their best PG since Devin Harris. But they still have Happ and always have someone develop unexpectedly.

Hoping MU has someone take a big jump next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Agree. They just seem to reload. I do think it will be a little harder this time when they lose their entire backcourt and going to Trice/Hill. Showalter does all the little things and Koenig is likely their best PG since Devin Harris. But they still have Happ and always have someone develop unexpectedly.

Hoping MU has someone take a big jump next year.
    Think it will be the player that Bo let get away (and will be the start of a family dynasty here).
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    It was said all year how even and deep the league is. Wish Nova would have continued on, as I thought they could get to the Final 4. UW was a tough matchup for them, especially in the field of 32. They had length inside and that hurt Nova.
    I still think we could have a Final Four team. I'm bullish on Butler, especially in a region where everyone is overlooking the Bulldogs.

Right now the Big East is performing as expected by seed.

**They lost a toss up pairing of 11 seeds in the First Four.
    **Should have had three in final 32. They did that with Xavier replacing Creighton.
    **Should have had 2 in Sweet 16. They did that with Xavier replacing Nova

Now with Nova losing, they should have had one in both the Elite 8 and Final 4, and that is going to require some upsets that IMO aren't likely. (Although Butler could give UNC a game and Mack is coaching against his former boss.)

But by the end of the day, the conference will perform at worst slightly below expectations. Not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    I still think we could have a Final Four team. I'm bullish on Butler, especially in a region where everyone is overlooking the Bulldogs.
    I am too. They have had some nice wins this season: beating Nova twice, Arizona, Cincinnati, Northwestern. Jay Wright compared them to UW in the paper (especially defensively). I think Butler is better offensively.

UNC has depth in the post with Meeks, Hicks and Bradley. Butler does not have the same talent in the post, but can match UNC physically with Wideman, Chrabascz and Fowler.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I am too. They have had some nice wins this season: beating Nova twice, Arizona, Cincinnati, Northwestern. Jay Wright compared them to UW in the paper (especially defensively). I think Butler is better offensively.

UNC has depth in the post with Meeks, Hicks and Bradley. Butler does not have the same talent in the post, but can match UNC physically with Wideman, Chrabascz and Fowler.
    Fowler has really come on recently.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast