Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will Crean be Coaching Next Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    There is no discussion to be had here. If LSU or someone else, offers him a 7 to 10 year deal worth $15 million to $30 million guaranteed, he will take it. Of course it would be nice to take a year off etc, etc. The lure of that kind of money, even though he is already quite wealthy, is too much to pass up. This is guaranteed money versus an uncertain future.
    100% agree.

To be honest, why do we care ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors69 View Post
    To be honest, why do we care ?
    Why not? He is an integral part of MU's men's basketball history. Interesting to follow the career and lives of our coaching "alums".

"Since Crean got the news, he’s been flooded with text messages and phone calls from former players, coaching colleagues and friends. The advice that resonated most came from a coaching friend: “You have to get over the feelings of failure and betrayal as quick as possible.” Crean said he's on his way: “I didn’t have any real fear of getting over failure. So obviously you have to get yourself and family over the other one. We’re well on the way.”

So, does he feel betrayed by IU??? If yes, he's a hypocrite after leaving MU, its players and fans the way he did. Or am i interpreting this comment incorrectly?

Precisely. Wonder why the author didn't ask that question.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    "Since Crean got the news, he’s been flooded with text messages and phone calls from former players, coaching colleagues and friends. The advice that resonated most came from a coaching friend: “You have to get over the feelings of failure and betrayal as quick as possible.” Crean said he's on his way: “I didn’t have any real fear of getting over failure. So obviously you have to get yourself and family over the other one. We’re well on the way.”

So, does he feel betrayed by IU??? If yes, he's a hypocrite after leaving MU, its players and fans the way he did. Or am i interpreting this comment incorrectly?
    That was said by a coaching friend, not by Crean himself.
    I'd think it good for his health to move on, but not really sure what jobs are out there at this time that would fit him.
    Cal, but he has never been a west coast guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    That was said by a coaching friend, not by Crean himself.
    I'd think it good for his health to move on, but not really sure what jobs are out there at this time that would fit him.
    Cal, but he has never been a west coast guy.
    LSU is no longer open, but I didn't understand his name being linked to that job either. Don't blame LSU for gauging his interest, but I don't see Crean as a fit in the bayou. Fish out of water.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234