Thread: Prediction Time - South Carolina

Prediction Time - South Carolina

Only 8 of the Gamecocks' 24 high-major opponents have scored as many as 70 points, and one of those took 4 overtimes to score 90, so in regulation time that drops to seven, and only 4 of their opponents have scored as many as 80, three if you don't include the four-overtime loss.

On the other hand, they have given up fewer than 60 points in 7 games against high-major opponents. That is extraordinary.

We have struggled to score against solid defensive teams, and when we struggle to score, we usually lose.

I would love to advance to the Round of 32, but I honestly do not see it. It's going to be an ugly game for us on offense, and even though S.C. is no juggernaut on offense, they'll score enough to advance.

South Carolina - 72; MU - 64

P.S. I don't think any of our three seniors will have a good game offensively. At most, one of the three might.

South Carolina has a one-dimensional offense that flows through Thornwell. They lost 6/9 and haven't beat a tourney team since January 18. In that time, their defense has slumped significantly, and they still can't shoot. They foul a ton, and anyone in the Big East knows that once the tournament starts, that bruising, physical play usually has to go out the window. I think we drain some shots early, put them down, and they never have the offense to catch up.

Marquette 70-58 South Carolina

Mu 96 sc 72

I'll go Marquette 77, SC 71. Their defense has faded down the stretch, giving up over a point per possession in five of their last seven games (all losses). Think we continue that streak and get Wojo's first tourney win (of many) at Marquette.
    #BringShakaHome