Okay, I just noticed that our women's team, which finished 20-11 overall and in FIFTH place in the HL, is playing in something called the "WBI," which sounds suspiciously like the CBI for men, doesn't it?

Obviously I have no problem with our young ladies getting to play in the post-season after a good, credible year, but the parallel here is eye-popping.

As if we didn't know it already let's just state the obvious: our AD's decision to punish our men's team last year by refusing to allow them to play in a similar tournament after a nearly identical season (and let's not forget -- a donor offered to PAY for the cost) had utterly nothing to do with the team's performance. That was a LIE.

She punished the team, including a group of seniors who were not just excellent players but excellent young men, because she was AFRAID they would be successful and that it would interfere with her plan to get rid of a man that she clearly disliked (and clearly resented) and that she painted as the scapegoat for her own profound failings and incompetence.

How ANYONE can abide her ru(i)ning our program is beyond me.

As long as she's around to screw everything up, the fans will vote with their feet again next year. How long do you think the chancellor's office and the legislators will allow the team to pay the rental cost of the Arena with nobody going to the games?