Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What the...!!!???

The people over there are tired. I don't blame them; when you just want to watch basketball, all the other stuff is getting in the way. They wanted to win, and all they wanted to see was the surface stuff: Rob Jeter wasn't getting the job done. The why was not their concern. The ends justify the means.

Well guys, I don't blame you if you don't want to fight. I blame you if you get in our way.

Less than half an hour before the Women's game is to begin, there are, maybe, 30 people in the stands who bought a ticket, slightly more than the folks working in the arena tonight.

The Panthers may have a decent chance of success in the tournament. The team that won it the last two years, the University of Louisiana, Lafayette, turned down an invitation, citing player injuries. The two years before that, Detroit and UIC won.
    Last edited by Skrapheap; 03-15-2017 at 06:44 PM.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

I'm pissed!

To think, one of the tournaments or buy games in which our men's team participated during the APR ban year paid for this debacle!

Good luck to the women! Good luck to us all!

Tremendous opportunity for the women's program as they had a good year. In fact, they defeated Southern Illinois tonight for their first ever postseason tournament win in the D1 era. Just wish that same opportunity for postseason play was granted to the men's program last year.

If anyone doesn't think that the AD is at the very least a damn hypocrite, well apparently nothing she will ever say or do will change their minds.

Cross posting a post from the Eunuch Board for visibility:

I complain because I want the program to succeed, and that does not equate to supporting which ever inept idiot is at the helm.

If you are unclear on my history, allow me to enlighten you:

Before we hired the first of 4 successive idiots (culminating with the supreme idiot in place today) I spent thousands of dollars on season tickets...buying more than I needed every season to bring new potential fans to the games with me in order to try to grow the fan base.

In addition, I donated as much as I could afford at the time to the Panther Fund, which some years was not much I will grant you, but I gave every cent I could.

I spent countless hours of my personal time trying to lobby the Athletic Department (specifically the Development Director at the time) to increase donor and fan engagement, building proposals for multiple programs, some of which were, and are, standard things successful programs do and we didn't then and don't to this day. I also worked with a few others to propose reasonable expansion plans for other programs (specifically baseball and soccer), and made every effort to get them to the attention of the administration.

I also took it upon myself to schedule and pay for and in home team event at my personal residence...at entirely my own expense. An event that I had to educate the Athletic Department on the legality of under NCAA rules, doing all the compliance research and providing the AD all the supporting documentation....mind you, the AD has a compliance department that had no idea that such a thing was allowed by the NCAA at all.

I made it a point to get to know the coaches and more importantly the players and some of their families as well, to make sure they felt supported and part of the Panther family. I count some of them as friends to this day.

So while I was doing all this, most of you were buying $5 tickets, and posting on the internet.....and some of you not even doing that on a regular basis.

I would love Coach Jordan to have all the tools he needs to succeed.
    I would love to be able to see him recruit at a national level.
    I would love for him to play in front of a packed Panther Arena, with a student section made up of more than the pep band and 4 people.
    I would love to write checks to the Panther Fund to help make a lot of this happen.
    I would love to host an annual team party again.
    I would love to get to know the kids on the roster, and the coaches and staff.
    I would love to see my team in the Big Dance every season, and become known nationally as a stellar program.
    I would love to be able to tell people that I went to Milwaukee and have them not ask me if I mean Marquette or Madison.
    I would love to have a program that instills pride and is seen as a winner, and not just in basketball.
    I would love to see the baseball team, the only D1 program in the state, become a source of revenue that isn't forced to play in a Milwaukee County Park on the same field that the "over 40 baseball bar league" would use.
    I would love to see the Women become a powerhouse along side the men.
    I would love to have a soccer teams that are in the top tier of programs nationally (and I don't even like soccer at all).

None of this will happen with the AD we have, or her predecessors, for that matter. Sadly we are closer to leaving D1 than we are any of the things I just mentioned.

So....in short....do not dare tell me what I can and cannot do. Do not dare question my dedication to the program or the University.

Just because I am not a shameless suck up prostituting myself for the currently in power administrator does not make me less of a fan. In fact....it makes me a true fan - of the program, not the nob in charge. It makes me one of many who want better for the program than constant humiliation, failure, ineptitude, and floundering while other programs similarly situated 10 or 15 years ago have blossomed into major programs while we dabble in the land of High School Gym home games with High School level attendance.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

Dudes....you're really harshing their mellow over at the other board.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

I love the passion on this board ... for the program, not the standing (for now) administration.

Does anyone know whatever happened to Nobertas Giga, our erstwhile top recruit for the Class of 2016? (If you guys don't have the stomach to discuss this right now, I completely understand.)

Norbertas Giga? Just the second of the trio Boudreau was close to signing when the axe came down: Tre'Darius McCallum (DePaul), Norbertas Giga (JSU), Clint Robinson (UIC). Brett Prahl could have pushed Robinson for floor time, but not the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lemke View Post
    Norbertas Giga? Just the second of the trio Boudreau was close to signing when the axe came down: Tre'Darius McCallum (DePaul), Norbertas Giga (JSU), Clint Robinson (UIC). Brett Prahl could have pushed Robinson for floor time, but not the other two.
    I think I'm going to be sick ... again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast