Thread: Congrats to Austin and Akeem

Congrats to Austin and Akeem

Both of these guys were instrumental in helping their teams to the tournament.

It's almost impossible to overstate how dominant our team could have been in the HL and the HLT this year with those two and Jordy (and others) added to Cody and Brock and Brett and the Bryces. Jeter and his staff had this program on a huge talent upswing when the legs were cut out from under it. What a travesty.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Very happy for these guys as well as Minnesota & Wake Forest fans with the seasons they've had this year. I just wish Keem didn't have to go through his injury situation.

Congratulations to both!

Good luck tonight to Austin, one of the top 25 players in our history. This year, he's shot 45% from the field, 41% from 3 and 88% from the foul line for the ninth-best team in the country's best conference.

And if you haven't seen it, please see the Minneapolis Star Tribune online for Richard Pitino's multi-media tribute to Keem, another one of the 25 best players in the history of our program.
    Last edited by dylanrocks; 03-14-2017 at 12:13 PM.

NCAA Tournament 2017: The 10 injuries that will redefine road to Final Four

5. Akeem Springs, guard, Minnesota

Record with him: 24-8
    Record without: 0-1
    It’s hard to be certain how much the Gophers will miss Springs because they only played one time without him after he injured his Achilles in a Big Ten quarterfinal victory over Michigan State. On a team that was not overpowering from 3-point range, Springs was the most active 3-point shooter (67 makes) and one of the most accurate (38.3 percent). Dupree McBrayer had been backing up both Springs and point guard Nate Mason, but with Springs out of the Big Ten semis the Mason/McBrayer combo played a combined 80 minutes.