Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good comment from MU board

Good comment from MU board

Thought you guys would like this comment from the MU board. There was a discussion about Gary Parrish's plan to six the conference tourneys and the Panthers almost making it to the dance prompted the comment...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoone2inchesTaller View Post
    Also, I would have loved for Amanda Braun to eat her words from last year when see said (paraphrase), 'A 5th place finish in the conference regular season didn't warrant a post season tournament.' That would have been awesome to see her backed into a corner with her own words.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that for conferences like the Horizon League -- in its present state and with its current tournament format -- things such as league finish, RPI and strength of schedule simply don't matter.

All that counts is whether or not a team can win four straight games in March. The rest of it is mere window dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanrocks View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that for conferences like the Horizon League -- in its present state and with its current tournament format -- things such as league finish, RPI and strength of schedule simply don't matter.

All that counts is whether or not a team can win four straight games in March. The rest of it is mere window dressing.
    All that counts is whether or not a team can win four straight games at a "neutral site" that it can't practice in before anemic attendance in March. The rest of it is mere window dressing.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

It's a shame for the kids and the coaches to have come so close; they acquitted themselves very well in Detroit notwithstanding the predictable results the rest of the year. The returning players who were the heart and soul of the team learned under Rob and Chad and Reef and Duff and Chris to never give up, and LJ did a good job reinforcing that lesson.

There is one person and one person alone who is responsible for Milwaukee not being in the tournament this year -- the person who impetuously ripped the program apart before a season when we easily would have had the best returning team, talent and depth in the league.

As for next year, good luck to whatever poor shmuck is hired as ticket director (if the position will even be filled). The fans who voted with their feet by not attending this year (which is to say -- most of them) certainly got no reason from this awful season to believe there is any reason to return as long as this administration casts its incompetent shadow over the program. And the program's potential fans, the vast majority of whom saw no games, and almost no press coverage of the program this year, will simply look at the horrible record and say "no thanks."
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

While it was easy to lose focus on the Panthers during the season, it is this time of the year that really is upsetting. We knew the Badgers would be in the dance, happy MU has made the run to be in position for the NCAA tourney, and we should also be talking about the great year UWM had and how much we are looking forward to following 3 state teams in the tourney.

Instead Springs will be in the dance, and good chance for Arians too. Unfortunately they will be playing for Minn and Wake. Got to know Springs a bit from talking to him at the Pro-Am, and was really impressed with the kid. Always cheered for him at UWM, and this year at Minn. Glad he will get his dream of playing in the tourney, just wish it was with Milwaukee on his shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    While it was easy to lose focus on the Panthers during the season, it is this time of the year that really is upsetting. We knew the Badgers would be in the dance, happy MU has made the run to be in position for the NCAA tourney, and we should also be talking about the great year UWM had and how much we are looking forward to following 3 state teams in the tourney.

Instead Springs will be in the dance, and good chance for Arians too. Unfortunately they will be playing for Minn and Wake. Got to know Springs a bit from talking to him at the Pro-Am, and was really impressed with the kid. Always cheered for him at UWM, and this year at Minn. Glad he will get his dream of playing in the tourney, just wish it was with Milwaukee on his shirt.
    Very well said. Do you know when I'll especially miss these guys? At events like the postseason banquet and the golf outing, when I could express my appreciation for their selfless contributions to our once-burgeoning program. Though we weren't "friends" in the literal sense, we were all part of the Panther Family.

As long as the present administration is in place, I get the distinct impression that those days are done.

People at the tournament were asking me about the other "anti-Braun holdouts" and if winning would have them coming back. They all knew the public stuff, and a couple of them knew the stuff that's remained private.

I think I'll be able to win most of you back when she's gone. The chancellor, though, will also have to go before some return. Like, you know, David.

People at the tournament were asking me about the other "anti-Braun holdouts" and if winning would have them coming back. They all knew the public stuff, and a couple of them knew the stuff that's remained private.

I think I'll be able to win most of you back when she's gone. The chancellor, though, will also have to go before some return. Like, you know, David.

On the topic of family, I just received confirmation that Keem today tore the tendon in his heel and his college career is over. So sad!

Life isn't fair; I just wish that the young man didn't have to learn this every damn year!

For a testament to his character, please read Keem's Facebook post on the injury that will prevent him from competing in the Big Dance. What a mature, grounded young man! My heart bleeds for him!

I'm heartbroken for Akeem. As good a kid as anybody who has put on the Milwaukee uniform in the last dozen years. Nobody deserved to play in the tournament more than Keem did, but at least he can be sure that Minnesota would not be going but for his contributions and leadership this year.

The fact that our AD chased him out of our program is without question one of the severest indictments of her character and judgment that you could possibly cite.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast