Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Billy Garrett, Jr - DePaul

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Honest question for you. Do you have the capacity to ever understand anyone else's point of view, that your view of the world is not the only one? Or are you the only one who is always right? I ask, because quite honestly, I do not believe you have that capacity. People feel you are pompous, I think it's truly other factors. You can never concede a point of view other than yours. That is why people such as Nukem, Halo and others get frustrated with you as a poster.

I understand people's point of view. Really what Bangura has seen on videotape from four years ago is irrelevant to me because I have seen him play plenty of times and that isn't how his college career has panned out. So simply put, I don't agree with it.

If people don't like that and don't like what I have to say...well...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    That's because you refuse to look or take the word of those that have seen him in different settings over his career. You will look at one set of circumstances and define the kid. So let me try to figure this out.... what he did in high school and on the aau circuit absolutely doesn't matter according to you, even though he was a very different player under very different circumstances. Doesn't count. Then he goes to college and that counts 100% based entirely on his college stats. He's no good. But NBA personnel will need to see him in person to be able to evaluate him to see if he has a future as a professional because you can't rely only on stats. But they won't really look at him because he isn't any good. Are you dizzy from all the spinning? I kinda am.

Nothing I stated has been inconsistent.

The NBA scouts players because they want to see how their skills can translate to the next level. That has nothing to do with how to judge them as a college player. Didn't realize this bit of logic would be so hard for you to understand.

Dear Mr. TheSultan:

People are comparing you to Murf in this topic. Not Murf the basketball player. Not Murf the basketball coach. Murf the internet poster. TheSultan, do you understand what that means?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoone2inchesTaller View Post
    Dear Mr. TheSultan:

People are comparing you to Murf in this topic. Not Murf the basketball player. Not Murf the basketball coach. Murf the internet poster. TheSultan, do you understand what that means?

I just have a different opinion. I didn't participate in this topic until Bangura brought me up. I usually only responded when someone responded to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Yeah, hyperbole is only one sided in this thread.

You keep talking in different languages than most others (outside of brewcity who thinks anyone who has an opinion different than his is in the twilight zone). You see the stats of BG of today and most everyone else have pointed to the differences in being on a more talented team vs De Paul. On the differences in coaching he could have had, vs what little he received at De Paul. That is why you only have stats and others see through the stats and see what he could have been in a different scenery.

How often do we see players traded from one system to another, from one team to another, from a poorer team to a better team and that player is a different player? How could that be? We had their stats from the other team, so they could never be any different than they currently are, right?

Stats show you everything, it appears. Stats only show part of the story to those that see wasted talent.
    I feel he's a below average player. He's definitely a below-average starter. I didn't bring up the Twilight Zone, that would be PW.

Might he have been different in a different system with different coaching? Sure. I said as much. But he didn't have a different system or different coaching, he had the DePaul system and DePaul coaching, and with that system and coaching, he was a bad player whose selfish nature and bad shooting made his team worse.

Is there hyperbole? Sure. But it's on both sides. All the people acting like he would play for Villanova, again, who on Villanova would he be ahead of? 8th player in their 7 man rotation this year, and 10th if they had Booth and Ochefu. Where else would he start that I didn't mention? Maybe Georgetown or Providence?

If people think he's a product of his environment, fine, but that doesn't change that the environment he's in isn't very good and it has turned out a bad product. Talking about what he did in high school or AAU doesn't change what he has been the past four years, which is a net-negative player on a bad team.

But heaven forbid any of us disagree or share another opinion on this site. Especially if they use things like "stats" and "facts" to back those opinions up.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567