Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Billy Garrett, Jr - DePaul

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoone2inchesTaller View Post
    This 'effin piece of garbage just won the Big East Sportmanship Award and the Big East Men's Basketball - Scholar Athlete of the Year Award. Not only does he not deserve to play basketball in the Big East, frankly, he is not fit to walk this earth. In addition, this piece of crap of a human being has the SC form of sickle cell disease which clogs his blood vessels and stops blood flow to his legs and several organs at a moments notice. The nerve of this piece of crap to think he can play in the vaunted Big East Conference. Who does he think he is to play with pain so unbearable that sometimes it takes him 4 days in a hospital to recover during the season?

It pi$$es me off to no end that this piece of crap of a player had the nerve to think he could beat Sickle Cell Disease. Silly Garrett... didn't he know that you are worthless and that disease always wins? His game is so weak.

Plus, he's only considered a leader because he sucks. This piece of crap wouldn't start for any team in the Big East Conference with the exception DePaul.

He is the only Division I player that plays with SC - Sickle Cell Disease. He is the exception to the rule.

In other words, he is an exceptional player in every sense of that phrase.

He is an absolute great guy and a model for what a student athlete should be. The fact that he is graduating with a finance degree in four years, which is no small achievement, makes him even more commendable. And you are 100% correct about the battles he has faced overcoming his disease.

That being said, he ended up an average player on the court, which is the only thing I was commenting on.

I'll give you two thumbs up on the hyperbole however.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    He is an absolute great guy and a model for what a student athlete should be. The fact that he is graduating with a finance degree in four years, which is no small achievement, makes him even more commendable. And you are 100% correct about the battles he has faced overcoming his disease.

That being said, he ended up an average player on the court, which is the only thing I was commenting on.

You are welcome to your opinion. Others here have disagreed. So be it.

Yeah, hyperbole is only one sided in this thread.

You keep talking in different languages than most others (outside of brewcity who thinks anyone who has an opinion different than his is in the twilight zone). You see the stats of BG of today and most everyone else have pointed to the differences in being on a more talented team vs De Paul. On the differences in coaching he could have had, vs what little he received at De Paul. That is why you only have stats and others see through the stats and see what he could have been in a different scenery.

How often do we see players traded from one system to another, from one team to another, from a poorer team to a better team and that player is a different player? How could that be? We had their stats from the other team, so they could never be any different than they currently are, right?

Stats show you everything, it appears. Stats only show part of the story to those that see wasted talent.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Yeah, hyperbole is only one sided in this thread.

You keep talking in different languages than most others (outside of brewcity who thinks anyone who has an opinion different than his is in the twilight zone). You see the stats of BG of today and most everyone else have pointed to the differences in being on a more talented team vs De Paul. On the differences in coaching he could have had, vs what little he received at De Paul. That is why you only have stats and others see through the stats and see what he could have been in a different scenery.

How often do we see players traded from one system to another, from one team to another, from a poorer team to a better team and that player is a different player? How could that be? We had their stats from the other team, so they could never be any different than they currently are, right?

Stats show you everything, it appears. Stats only show part of the story to those that see wasted talent.

I haven't seen anything to suggest he is better than he is. Not overly quick. Not a great shooter. Good defender. So pretty much an average player. I think his stats describe who he is as a basketball player pretty accurately.

I haven't seen anything to suggest he is better than he is. Not overly quick. Not a great shooter. Good defender. So pretty much an average player. I think his stats describe who he is as a basketball player pretty accurately.
    Honest question for you. Do you have the capacity to ever understand anyone else's point of view, that your view of the world is not the only one? Or are you the only one who is always right? I ask, because quite honestly, I do not believe you have that capacity. People feel you are pompous, I think it's truly other factors. You can never concede a point of view other than yours. That is why people such as Nukem, Halo and others get frustrated with you as a poster.

That's because you refuse to look or take the word of those that have seen him in different settings over his career. You will look at one set of circumstances and define the kid. So let me try to figure this out.... what he did in high school and on the aau circuit absolutely doesn't matter according to you, even though he was a very different player under very different circumstances. Doesn't count. Then he goes to college and that counts 100% based entirely on his college stats. He's no good. But NBA personnel will need to see him in person to be able to evaluate him to see if he has a future as a professional because you can't rely only on stats. But they won't really look at him because he isn't any good. Are you dizzy from all the spinning? I kinda am.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    That's because you refuse to look or take the word of those that have seen him in different settings over his career. You will look at one set of circumstances and define the kid. So let me try to figure this out.... what he did in high school and on the aau circuit absolutely doesn't matter according to you, even though he was a very different player under very different circumstances. Doesn't count. Then he goes to college and that counts 100% based entirely on his college stats. He's no good. But NBA personnel will need to see him in person to be able to evaluate him to see if he has a future as a professional because you can't rely only on stats. But they won't really look at him because he isn't any good. Are you dizzy from all the spinning? I kinda am.
    You know what? If he's so damn good NBA scouts will find him. Looking forward to hearing his name called during the draft.

Not one person here has said they expect BG to be drafted. You are absolutely correct if he is good enough, NBA personnel will find him. He very likely will not have his name called on draft night so I would advise not staying up past your bedtime waiting for his name to be called. I won't, but it would not surprise me at all to see his name on a summer league roster being given a chance to show if his skills warrant a contract. Plenty of undrafted players end up in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Honest question for you. Do you have the capacity to ever understand anyone else's point of view, that your view of the world is not the only one? Or are you the only one who is always right? I ask, because quite honestly, I do not believe you have that capacity. People feel you are pompous, I think it's truly other factors. You can never concede a point of view other than yours. That is why people such as Nukem, Halo and others get frustrated with you as a poster.
    Not frustreded at all. He is just an easy target. Very Murff-like.

Mr. TheSultan:

No hyperbole. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...24-column.html

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast