Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Garrett, Jr - DePaul

Would you answer the same way if asked the question after his freshman year as now?

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Eye test, stats, whatever. Just answer if he's really good enough to be a rotation player for Nova. Or us for that matter. No freaking way.
    Uhh, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Uhh, yes.
    Who would he replace in our rotation?

Damn, my computer has a virus. Every time I click on this thread, I am redirected to scoop.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    There's definitely a point being missed, but not by Sultan. Garrett is trash. He is emblematic of why DePaul sucks. He is overrated by Marquette fans that ignore tangible numbers because he hit a game winning layup against us once upon a time. But as a player, his greedy shots, his piss poor efficiency, that's why DePaul has sucked. Billy Garrett wouldn't play for Nova. Please. He plays for DePaul because they don't have better options. They are the only Big East team that can say that. Would he even start for anyone else?

He's got the second worst eFG% on his team. He's a bad rebounder. He's just not good. And mercifully, his career is over. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    Alan:

Are you related to Lilian Bykowski?

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    Damn, my computer has a virus. Every time I click on this thread, I am redirected to scoop.

How? Not a single person on Scoop has suggested that Garrett is an "exceptional player" or even "damn good."

I would love his leadership and defensive ability on our team. Like Will Gates.

Scoop could use that kind of leadership and maturity too Mr.TheSultan.
    Last edited by DavidBoone2inchesTaller; 03-10-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    How? Not a single person on Scoop has suggested that Garrett is an "exceptional player" or even "damn good."
    I was referring to the level of discourse.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoone2inchesTaller View Post
    I would love his leadership and defensive ability on our team. Like Will Gates.

Scoop could use that kind of leadership too Mr. TheSultan.

Ah "leadership." The crutch people use when nothing else makes sense. Such a great leader that they went 42-86 in his four years, 14-58 in conference. So how do we determine his leadership skills?

Look, I'm not calling him "trash." I think he is pretty much an average, replacement level type player. No more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoone2inchesTaller View Post
    Alan:

Are you related to Lilian Bykowski?
    Not that I'm aware of. I do know there were two different (and as far as we know unrelated) Bykowski families, one on the north side in Riverwest, another in the Polish Flats on the south side. I'm from the north side family, and don't really know anyone from the south side.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast