As great as the current Big East is (especially with a true round-robin), I miss the 16 team Big East Tournament. It was so awesome to head to NYC on Monday, then sit and watch 15 games Tuesday - Saturday. It was incredible to see the interaction amongst the fans: the obnoxious arrogance of Cuse fans, the inbred WVU fans, the pleather jacket-wearing Louisville fans, the haughty Georgetown fans, all complaining how Tim Higgins and Jim Burr hates their school (when we all knew it was really Marquette they had it in for). I loved having 3 days of all days hoops before the electric semis on Friday night when the NYC "important" people showed up. I loved the reactions of the NYC folks the first time they saw the Louisville, Cincy and especially the South Florida dance teams. Yes, I even miss walking all the way up to Times Square at about 1AM to find a cab after watching the 6 OT game between UConn and Cuse.

Yes, the current Big East Tournament still has a special feel. But God help me, I do miss the 16 team version so.