Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UWM Getting closer to the Big Dance

UWM Getting closer to the Big Dance

UWM Wins third straight by beating UIC 74-68, set to play Northern Kentucky for the Horizon League title tomorrow!
    Last edited by IWB; 03-06-2017 at 10:52 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

They won 4 conference games all season. They've won 3 in the tournament.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Mu/Panther, what are the thoughts on Jordan? The record is ugly, but there seemed to be a mass exodus from the Jeter firing.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Warrior View Post
    Mu/Panther, what are the thoughts on Jordan? The record is ugly, but there seemed to be a mass exodus from the Jeter firing.
    The record is ugly as expected. All, or a majority, of the best players left after Jeter got forced out. His record is as good as could be expected given the circumstances. Watching them last night, that's a very well coached team though IMO. With his Butler/Lickliter/Stevens and Michigan/Beilein background, I think he'll do quite well.

A lot of UWM fans are in a tough spot. They want the AD gone as soon as possible, but also are cheering for the team to win the conference tourney I'd think.
    UMW, the last seed, will face a team that just joined the conference a year ago. Good luck to UWM (but still get a new AD).

Jordan was not the AD's choice for the job. She offered it to TJ and she was overruled.

I don't know if he will end up working out, but Jordan has a nice background and I believe was the second choice for the Butler job when Stevens left.

There were people that were upset that he did not get the Butler job. Many feel the only reason why Holtman got it over Jordan was because he was already in-house.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    There were people that were upset that he did not get the Butler job. Many feel the only reason why Holtman got it over Jordan was because he was already in-house.

It wasn't Holtmann who got the job. It was Brandon Miller who was Stevens' assistant. Miller hired Holtmann as an assistant, who prior to this was the head coach at Gardner Webb. Miller left for a "medical issue" before his second season. Holtmann took over as interim, and then halfway through the year was named the permanent coach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast