Thread: We're not Anti-Val

We're not Anti-Val

I think I speak for everyone on this message board (aside from Hecker, who seems to want to go full-nuclear at times) when I say that none of us are anti-Coach Val.

Not in any way, shape or form. The guys who are on here who have been away from the program (not me, MUPanther, Knodl who have stayed on board but others) are doing so for many reasons. Not one of those reasons have to do with LaVall Jordan or his coaching staff.

Their absence is based on the moves and job performance of the athletic director. It has nothing to do with LaVall Jordan or his staff, who wasn't even Amanda Braun's choice. Hell, if it wasn't for our rabble rousing, we'd have TJ Otzelberger as our head coach.

Keep in mind, many of these people were highly critical of Rob Jeter. This isn't about Rob Jeter, nor has it ever been for most of these people.

You certainly speak for me. Everything I know about LJ is that he's a good guy. He obviously has a lot to learn about coaching, and if our AD applies the same "standards" she applied to RJ, and provides the same sabot...er, "support," he'll clearly be gone within a few years, whether voluntarily or involuntarily. But I like him, and wish him well at wherever he lands after things blow up here.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

By the way, who are you talking to?
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

Anti-Coach Jordan? Nobody on this board is.

The only posts about him that might be considered negative were posts highlighting the similarities in style between Coach Jordan at his hiring and Coach Jeter.

And those are only negative if you are anti-Coach Jeter...
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

I actually think that LaVall has found his stride as a head coach, but there was a learning curve. We saw that in the regular season. There also has been a considerable amount of luck this postseason.

Still, I'll always be a Panther and I want to see good things happen for the program achieved the right way.

The learning curve will go on for years. Probably not here, of course.

I actually like Val. I sent him a note before the season wishing him well (no response....not surprising, given who he works for). I think he walked into a no win situation in many ways. The issues with the fan base will not be fixed by just winning, because many of us left due to the issues off the court, not the performance on it, which was actually quite good before this season.

I think he will have a very hard time recruiting to Milwaukee, even with this Bad News Bears miracle run. He works for an incompetent megalomaniac, and is stuck in a second rate (or maybe even third rate) conference with no more marquee guarantee games with the big boys in state. We are now "just another mid major" really. Not due to his efforts, but those of his idiot boss.

I hope he has more miracles, gets to the Sweet 16, and immediately leaves Milwaukee for a real program. If he pulls that off, he deserves to go someplace that actually takes basketball seriously.
    Class of 1998
    Lubar School of Business - BBA Management Information Systems
    Formerly known as Nighthawk
    The Dark Hawk arose in a time of great turmoil to fight for truth, justice and the Panther way.

I wouldn't worry about LaVall not responding, for exactly the reason you say. Also know that there were open records requests through FOIA for emails and messages, so they may be trying to limit their recorded messages.

I don't think the learning curve has been all that crazy. Brett Prahl is not there, to be sure, but I'm not kidding in the slightest when I say that he's looking more and more like Adrian with his post footwork.

I wouldn't worry about LaVall not responding, for exactly the reason you say. Also know that there were open records requests through FOIA for emails and messages, so they may be trying to limit their recorded messages.

I don't think the learning curve has been all that crazy. Brett Prahl is not there, to be sure, but I'm not kidding in the slightest when I say that he's looking more and more like Adrian with his post footwork.