Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horizon League Tournament

Awesome game!! Very proud of the team! Can't believe, just one more game...

Is there a crazier program in college sports?

While I'm not going to support a couple people and their shenanigans at the university, I'm definitely proud of the effort of the players and coaches for their efforts during this tournament run. This is one of the craziest runs in sports I've ever seen.

I had to laugh on the way home, listening to Scott Warras do his post-game show. He announced, twice, and apparently with a straight face, the attendance at the game as 3700.
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrapheap View Post
    I had to laugh on the way home, listening to Scott Warras do his post-game show. He announced, twice, and apparently with a straight face, the attendance at the game as 3,700.
    Which game? The last Bucks home game?

3700!? You could literally count the fans, they were so spread out. There's no way in hell there were as many as 1,000 fans in that building. They might have crowded that number with the bands and ushers and cheerleaders -- but fans? That's ridiculous.
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BBF View Post
    3700!? You could literally count the fans, they were so spread out. There's no way in hell there were as many as 1,000 fans in that building. They might have crowded that number with the bands and ushers and cheerleaders -- but fans? That's ridiculous.
    Don't they sell tickets by "session:" a couple of games grouped together? So they'd pad the numbers by claiming the tickets sold for the first semi-final as attendance for the second semi-final (along with counting fans, ushers, and cheerleaders) even though most of them had left after watching the first game...
    A panther is like a leopard. Except it hasn't been peppered.
    Should you behold a panther crouch, prepare to say "ouch."
    Better yet, if called by a panther...don't anther (Ogden Nash "The Panther")

Ceterum censo Amanda Braun debet esse accensa.

That's true Skrap, but I watched a lot of the first game too -- and the crowd was no bigger for that one. I think a lot of this is that they are rolling in tickets sold to fans of teams that didn't make it this far and have been thrown in the trash already. And some of it is just pure H League horsesh!t. The move to Detroit was an unmitigated disaster from an attendance standpoint. Gosh, who could have ever seen that coming!? A certain over-her-head AD certainly didn't.

It is literally true that if tonight's final was being played where it should have been played -- in the Panther Arena (with the players she chased away we would have won the league going away) -- the ACTUAL attendance for that one game in Milwaukee tonight would likely have doubled if not tripled the actual attendance for the full run of the tournament in Detroit this year (or last).
    "She would constantly try to throw [Coach Jeter] off and create distractions," said another source who worked in the athletic department and no longer is at UWM. "All the time. It was bad. I felt bad for him all the time. I told him, 'You're a bigger man than I am.' It was brutal. Sabotage was in the cards." -- From the JS story, March 17, 2016

"Baldwin! Get in here and grovel!" "Right away Ms. B!!"

All we can do is make the best of it. Once AB is gone, I'd like to see the university make a real push to market the Tournament to our community. I'm going to make the trip for the whole tournament next season, but I would buy my tickets through a different school if our athletic director remains.

I would have guessed the attendance for Tuesday night's final to be about 2,000 legitimately. I would have accepted a 3,500 announcement. But as Skrap mentioned, they padded the attendance for it by counting the whole day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12