Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All BE first team...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Good points IWB, balanced attack and what people that only saw MU a couple times may have seen.

Look at Howard, in the two games against St. John's he scored a total of 12 points. Was scoreless in one game against Villanova. Scored 3 in a game against Georgetown. Also, not a very good defender at this point.
    Agree with you on Howard. Could see how he wasn't unanimous on the All Freshman Team given his sometimes off nights. But when he was good, he was really good. No way could I see him making 2nd team All Big East. Desi Rodriguez on the other hand.....

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Agree with you on Howard. Could see how he wasn't unanimous on the All Freshman Team given his sometimes off nights. But when he was good, he was really good. No way could I see him making 2nd team All Big East. Desi Rodriguez on the other hand.....

Howard's eFG .210 higher. Turned the ball over less. Rebounded about the same. Much more efficient. Cartwright is a better defender however. I mean, *in conference* Howard scored more ppg playing 11 less per game than Cartwright.

But really this is what the coaches do - they oftentimes reward players who play more, but not necessarily who plays better. Ah well...Howard will get his due.
    Last edited by TheSultan; 03-06-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Howard's eFG .210 higher. Turned the ball over less. Rebounded about the same. Much more efficient. Cartwright is a better defender however. I mean, *in conference* Howard scored more ppg playing 11 less per game than Cartwright.

But really this is what the coaches do - they oftentimes reward players who play more, but not necessarily who plays better. Ah well...Howard will get his due.
    Don't have much of a problem not having Cartwright on the 2nd team but Markus just wasn't a good enough defender in my eyes to be there, whereas Rodriguez played both ends of the court. Guess having 3 guys from the 5th seed wasn't an option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12