Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very Interesting Quote From Mick Cronin

One problem with places like Green Bay and Madison... while sure, you can fly in to those cities, the mainstream flights land in Milwaukee, then it is a 90 minute drive to airport for Madison or 2 hour drive to Green Bay. Inconvenient for the amount of travelers coming to your town.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    One problem with places like Green Bay and Madison... while sure, you can fly in to those cities, the mainstream flights land in Milwaukee, then it is a 90 minute drive to airport for Madison or 2 hour drive to Green Bay. Inconvenient for the amount of travelers coming to your town.
    Clearly you're not flying as much these days. Unless you're flying to a hub city, there are almost no direct flights to Milwaukee. If I'm flying Delta, it's just as easy to fly from Detroit or Minneapolis to Green Bay or Madison as it is to go Detroit or MSP to Milwaukee. Same for Chicago on United (but admittedly not Southwest)
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

I thought Madison got a favor to host the tournament because of the new facility (the Kohl Center was fairly new at that time). They do not have the seating capacity nor the press area or hotel space for the Regional Finals. They are tied into the boys basketball tournament and thus cannot host the first/second round games.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Clearly you're not flying as much these days. Unless you're flying to a hub city, there are almost no direct flights to Milwaukee. If I'm flying Delta, it's just as easy to fly from Detroit or Minneapolis to Green Bay or Madison as it is to go Detroit or MSP to Milwaukee. Same for Chicago on United (but admittedly not Southwest)
    Ease is one thing, number of flights and the cost are another. Flying into Madison is damn expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    Ease is one thing, number of flights and the cost are another. Flying into Madison is damn expensive.
    I get that, but it is no easy feat getting into Boise, Spokane, Dayton, Raleigh, Greensboro, Des Moines, Tulsa, Omaha, etc.
    Green Bay isn't easy, but might be easier than some of those listed.

I never mentioned direct flights, most have layovers/stops, but as those mentioned above, its about cost & number of flights.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    You can only fly four places from Green Bay direct. Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta. There are about 30 departures daily.

You can fly to 30 domestic cities from Milwaukee. There are over 200 departures from daily.

It is much easier to fly into Milwaukee from all over the country. Even if it isn't direct, there are tons of options.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123