Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be poy

Be poy

I know Hart was the favorite going into the season, and he is still in great shape to win it all, but my vote - if I had one - would be for Delgado.

He has had 16 double-doubles in 17 conference games. He ranks 7th in scoring (16.2 ppg) and 1st in rebounding (13.9) more than double the second place rebounders (Martin and Gaston at 6.6 rpg). He is also 5th in fg% at 53.3%

Hart, of course, has had a terrific season as well. He is 2nd in scoring (18.0 ppg) and 4th in rebounding at 6.5 rpg. He is 11th in fg% at 48.3% and 7th in steals at 1.6 spg. He is 10th in 3s made per game at 1.9.

There are a few others that might get some support - Martin, Foster, Pryor, Cartwright, Blueitt, for example - but I think it's pretty much a two-horse race.

Thoughts?

P.S. One thing I am certain of is that no MU player will get any serious consideration.

If Delgado was better from the line and turned it over less, I think he would have a real argument over Hart. I would vote Hart, but if not him, it actually may be his teammate Jalen Brunson. Brunson is actually a hair more efficient then Hart, and really become the same type of leader as Archie was last year.
    #BringShakaHome

Josh Hart by a mile. Hart is near the top of virtually every advanced category. His conference numbers are just silly. Delgado is a first team player, but there's a reason Hart is a viable NPOY candidate and Delgado isn't in the conversation, and it's the same reason Delgado shouldn't be in the conference conversation either. He's a fine player but not in that category.

Josh Hart all day long.

Has to be Josh Hart.

Fair to make an argument for Delgado but it should be Hart.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

13.9 rebounds a game is insane. I vote for him solely on that figure.

Will Markus Howard be the Freshman of the Year? I know the SJU guards have been really good and Patton as well. I just think some huge games by Howard might give him the nod.

Also, for those who follow National Reporters on social media, do you see a lot of comments about MH? I really haven't seen a lot, but I may be missing it.

Delgado is the one Big East player I would most like to see on our team. Put Delgado on MU's roster and we're a top-15 team. His toughness and rebounding is precisely what we don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    Will Markus Howard be the Freshman of the Year? I know the SJU guards have been really good and Patton as well. I just think some huge games by Howard might give him the nod.
    I've been surprised to see some people not even putting Howard on their freshman first team. Lots of love for Ponds, LoVett, Baldwin, Powell, and Patton. Personally I think it's insane to leave him off the first team, but there's a decent number of quality freshmen in the league.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast